Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone? I'm looking at picking one up but I've heard mixed reviews. I was looking at the concealed .380 version in particular.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I don't have any experience with the Thunder 380, but I do own a Thunder 45 that I have close to 500 rounds through, without any problems. It's an economical, well built firearm in my opinion. If you're gonna carry it for self defense, you may want to look at the Bersa Thunder 9...almost same size and weight...better caliber for self defense...cost for ammo usually runs less, believe it or not.

Here's my Thunder 45...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. I hadn't considered the 9mm. I didn't even realize they had a .45. I will look into that. How's the kick with that small of a frame?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ace,

I've owned two the .380's. Both excellent firearms for the price. Reliable and well made....I have also owned it in the Thunder 9mm and .45ACP.

I'd give a recommend on buying one....

giz

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I consider recoil a perception...it's really up to the individual.

Having said that...the all steel frame of the Thunder 45 tames it to the point of insignificance in my experience. If you want one shot...one drop...go with the proven manstopper...the 45 !

For example...

...They're all 45's

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have owned both the Bersa .45 and the .380. Neither one is particularly fun to shoot,but they are both totally reliable. The ejection pattern on the .45 used to occasionally put a piece of hot brass right in the middle of my forehead,but thats a small price to pay for a reliable shooter. I still carry the little Bersa .380 and like it better than my Walther.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I've had outstanding service from the three Bersa .380's I've owned.

They are accurate, 100% reliable, rugged and economical (1/2 the price of a PPK).

It's one of the few .380's on the market with a frame mounted slide lock/release like the big boys.

So if you own a S&W or Beretta the controls are all basically in the same position making transitional training between the guns a breeze.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
guuuaaaguggle! I'm loosing my bersainsurancetimberlandshoesfreakingmind...

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my first Bersa back in 1988 on a whim. If I remember correctly it was like 175.00. I shot the heck out of that gun!!! My wife got her CCW a few years ago andwe bought her a new Bersa thunder 380 and she loves it! never had a problem. As for the 9mm, 40 s&w or the 45 acp I can not comment on them. I am thinking about getting one of the 9mm's and trying it out. Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts