Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could not pass up one of these for $199. Beretta model 81 in 32ACP. 12 rounds double action with 2nd strike capability. Mostly holster wear. Fits my hand nicely and I’m a sucker for 32ACP firearms. (With extra mag. add $35) Alloy frame and steel slides. Shoots real soft and excellent DA trigger. What’s not to like for less than $200?

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Love my Beretta 32acps. I find though that the Model 70 New Puma gets more WalkAbout time than the 1935, Tomcat or Cheetah.

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Very nice old Beretta at a great price. I too enjoy the 32 ACP and that may be carried alot but just broke in. Lookig forward to a range report to see how she shoots.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^Got some new grips and a holster incoming..and hopefully it warms up enough to put it on paper. I shot it out back just to make sure it went boom..;) .

I can't imagine being a police officer and having this as my primary weapon. I know the 32acp is no BB gun...but it certainly would not be my first choice (or second, or third..)for self defense..!

These are available through Classic Firearms. Link---> https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-mod-81-pistol-surplus-used-good-very-good/

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Congrats - I got one in .380, very nice guns and at < $200 you can’t beat that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Breakaway500;2303027I can't imagine being a police officer and having this as my primary weapon. I know the 32acp is no BB gun...but it certainly would [B said:
not[/B] be my first choice (or second, or third..)for self defense..!
Yet the 32acp has been very popular as a police and even military caliber. Personally it is also my first choice for self defense with 25acp as the backup.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
^ It all depends on your threat level. Odds are I'm not gong to use my "regular" carry weapon (Keltec P32) for much more than dog sized threats, and at close range, a 32acp volley properly placed should be adequate.

However..I'd hate to have one of the dogs roust a sleepy bear into action. That's why in the spring I swap over to my 642 (with +Ps) for walks.

If my job was law enforcement..in this day and age..I would want at least a 9MM hi-cap. A 32acp is just going to make someone angry...

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my new rubber grips in. Very nice! Farrar grips made in the USA! Not sure why they say Indiana State Police on them but it’s cool with me and they fit perfectly! Gave it a good cleaning and am impressed with the design.easy takedown and well built. I might have to buy another one of these little babies.,,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Nice little shooter. I picked up a couple of them back in November. 1 for each of my kids, I should have bought a 3rd. ONE for ME!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts