Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I had my SW 28-3 up for trade to get a Beretta 87 .22lr. Well I got an offer that was to hard to look away from. A friend here in Ok offered a 92FS with 15 factory mags. The picture he sent wasn't the best, but told me it was in great shape( A very big understatement!!!). So we met up and proceeded with the trade. When I opened the box here was this almost safe queen looking at me. She is a Maryland State Police trade in. When I got her home, I tore her down for a white glove inspection, what I found was a pistol that had been shot very little, and while she was still a member of the MSP went unissued. The only wear on the outside is some thining of the finish on the sharp high spots, and no internal at all. Her factory Trijicon's are still super bright, and all 15 mags are factory, and a few show some wear. OK, OK, hears a couple of pic's!!!

Leighton

G

·
0 Posts
I had a similiar one in Inox finish. Great gun, very accurate. Can't remember what S&W I ended up trading it for...just remember having regrets seeing it go. 15 Mags might be enough :)

giz

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giz, When the trade was being discussed, there was no mention of the number of mags. So when we met, and he handed over a Glad freezer bag full of mags, I returned the favor, and gave him 50rnds of Magtech 158gr SP, and 50rnds 158gr GDHP Ga-Arms GD deer-slayer loads. I'm not one to let every good deed go unpunished.

Leighton

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Good for you! If you have not got a holster for it yet, I have a nylon one I'll give you. Not sure just how it ended up in my 'pile o' stuff', but it's yours if you want it

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Leighton I had one and could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. My wife took it and proceded to shoot out the bulls eye. I never did for give that gun. :oops:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
azmick said:
Good for you! If you have not got a holster for it yet, I have a nylon one I'll give you. Not sure just how it ended up in my 'pile o' stuff', but it's yours if you want it
Thanks for the offer, but I've already got more holsters than I know what to do with! Besides if my wife see's another come in the house.....well she shoots better than I. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Congratulations on a great deal! :lol:

You can't wear these rascals out, and parts and magazines are available everywhere at bargain basement prices. :lol:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nice! Very Nice!

I've always loved the look of that gun. There may be one in my future. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Never had one or shot one, but yours looks good. Everyone one who has one seems to really like it, and swear by their accuracy...well, with the exception of c pierce.. :D Thanks for that story by the way pierce..I got a good chuckle outta that. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts