Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Stopped at a yard sale up near my house. Guy had a Benjamin air rifle like the one my Dad has from when he was a kid. I gave 70 bucks for it, seems to work but could use some love. Any of you guys have one or any like it? I thought it said model 340 on it but I’m not sure, had to hit the road shortly after I brought it home, might be a 342. Anyway it looks like the one in this borrowed photo. Let me know your thoughts.

B214931C-B3EA-4D99-A06D-66E9421F83F5.jpeg

·
Registered
16,248 Posts
They are great rifles from what I know. A friend of mine I worked with has had one since he was 8 years old (73 now) and he just sent it off and had the rifle rebuilt by a guy on line. He did a very good job as the internals are all new. So at least can maintain it and he swore on his. In fact even bought a new one so could preserve that one. Think you will like it as his was a pump and plenty powerful.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
I never had a rifle, but had two old Benjamin pistols that I stupidly let go. I have my son's original "Daisy" BB rifle, only missing the feeder tube, which you'd think to be easy to find, but no! When you get off the road do some internet research to find out what support resources are out there, only after trying it out to see how it currently functions! $70 bucks? Do you have any idea how many real rifles and/or handguns I've bought for less than that over the years? :)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never had a rifle, but had two old Benjamin pistols that I stupidly let go. I have my son's original "Daisy" BB rifle, only missing the feeder tube, which you'd think to be easy to find, but no! When you get off the road do some internet research to find out what support resources are out there, only after trying it out to see how it currently functions! $70 bucks? Do you have any idea how many real rifles and/or handguns I've bought for less than that over the years? :)
Yeah, it was one of those saw it and had to have it type a deals! I knew what it was before I was close enough to truly tell. From what I can tell, restored versions go for more than double that. I’m just happy to have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts