Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago, I was looking for a shady spot to have lunch {hard to come by in Phoenix at high noon in the summer} when I see a couple guys hauling some funny looking 'table tops' out of a bowling alley. They were replacing one of the lanes. I asked for, and got, a section of the lane. 1 1/2 inch thick maple that I gave the guys $10 for when they loaded it in my van. I still have half of it left if anyone in the Phoenix metro area wants it. It makes for a tough, workable reloader's bench top. I made legs out of angle iron, added shelves under it {added stability to the legs} and anchored it to the wall. Mine is an L shape for even more stability.

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
I would have been all over this if I lived somewhat close.. That's got to be one h ell of a good bench top!

·
Registered
10,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carl418 said:
I would have been all over this if I lived somewhat close.. That's got to be one h ell of a good bench top!
The lengths of wood are glued and nailed together, it's flatter than,,, well it's flat. It weighs a bunch, the nails are in willie-nillie and it took three saw blades to cross cut and rip it. Any screw hole has to be pre drilled {I broke a couple even putting grease on the screw}. I forgot it was out in the back half acre and refound it looking for something else. I may just make Barb a cutting board/kitchen work table out of it if nobody wants it {another project? :roll: }.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts