Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't wear Nike, and I'm about to stop shaving with Gillette - my last cartridge is about wore out.

P&G just had to write off $8 BILLION in Gillette value - due apparently to their "woke" ads. I'm having none of it, either!

So what say ye merry Gentlemen, what's your preferred shave?

·
Registered
20,944 Posts
I use the three blade disposable razors. Electric razors are useless for me as I can never get a close shave. The BEST shave I ever had was from a barber that used a straight razor. I didn't have to shave for a week. Would of loved to train myself to shave with one of those but I didn't want to hack my face to pieces.:D

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
When a teenager, used a Norelco. Worked fine. Later tried a Remington. Not so good. Then, started using Gillette Trac II. Worked well till accident in 1998. Burned. After recovery, only able to use electric on my face. So ... back to Norelco. Now 20 years since accident. Can use a blade a couple of times a week. So, use one on Saturday night so that on Sunday morning my face will not be red. The five blade Harrys give me a extremely good shave even on the part of my face where the skin is still very sensitive. Affordable ... always nice to get a good price! For whatever reason, the five blade razor works better for me than anything else I've tried by any manufacturer. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Well, quit shaving. Just got old and tired of the same old routine and did not matter what I used, electric not close enough, blades agitated skin. Been two years since shaved and have been extremely happy.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
I have an Atra haven't used in years because over priced blades are locked on the self. I keep a beard or goatee so just use disposable razors , my sister kept dad's hefty double edge and mug/brush.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I haven't shaved since the last day I worked before I retired. I retired on the first day of daylight saving in 2003. Still use the cordless beard trimmer I bought back then.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I used a Gillette DE razor most of my life. Now that I am older I use an electric. I bleed easily and my face is not so smooth anymore.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Go find or buy a double edge handle- remember these?

s-l1000.jpg

Then go to Amazon and get these:

feather-hi-stainless-platinum-double-edge-blades-10-pack-2.jpg

Better than that multi-blade cartridge crap any day.

Feather makes surgical instruments and after trying a whole bunch of blades, they're simply the best.

·
Registered
12,964 Posts
Straight razor, shaving soap and mug with a Boar's hair shaving brush. Keep my leather strop handy to keep the blade sharp. My dad taught me the fine points of straight razor shaving and I've been using one since. I still have my dad's ivory handled razor and it's still very viable.

One thing I like about a straight razor is, it's a formidable personal defense weapon. It's a folding knife you can shave with or cut someone with if necessary....

If I'm not at home I use a wet razor and Shark blades. Still lather up with the brush and shaving soap and yes, I use Old Spice after shave.

·
Registered
12,964 Posts
Go find or buy a double edge handle- remember these?

View attachment 395093

Then go to Amazon and get these:

View attachment 395095

Better than that multi-blade cartridge crap any day.

Feather makes surgical instruments and after trying a whole bunch of blades, they're simply the best.
I'll give them a try. The Shark isn't bad but being made by Camel Jockeys turns me off.

Reactions: delcrossv

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've had a beard for almost 40 years so Gillette doesn't make much out of me. I do tidy it up a couple of times a week using a cartridge razor (Gillette) and thin it out on occasions with a beard trimmer bought at Walmart countless years ago. I don't miss the old days of my "youth" when I used to shave every day, sometimes twice a day. I never liked electric razors and always wet shaved.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use the three blade disposable razors. Electric razors are useless for me as I can never get a close shave. The BEST shave I ever had was from a barber that used a straight razor. I didn't have to shave for a week. Would of loved to train myself to shave with one of those but I didn't want to hack my face to pieces.:D
You practice on a balloon. That’s how a lot of people get comfortable with the straight razor. Also saves your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
You practice on a balloon. That’s how a lot of people get comfortable with the straight razor. Also saves your face.

Lol. Why didn't I think of that.

I have a Puma Inox (straight razor) that I used for a bunch of years before I got lazy. Upside: Great Shave. Downside: It would also remove any surface imperfections on my face. :eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lol. Why didn't I think of that.

I have a Puma Inox (straight razor) that I used for a bunch of years before I got lazy. Upside: Great Shave. Downside: It would also remove any surface imperfections on my face. :eek:
Yes. A straight razor will definitely remove any surface imperfections whether you want to or not. Lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts