Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you keep your firearm ready at night? Just sitting on a nightstand? In a drawer? On a shelf or headboard storage space? Under the bed? In a custom-made solution of some sort? In a holster? Fully loaded, I'm guessing. Probably not locked up. Pictures welcome, if you feel like sharing. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
Nightstand ready to go

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
I toss and turn too much for under the pillow, so the nightstand for me

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
80 Posts
In a steel lock box with a push button Simplex mechanical lock bolted inside my nightstand. The box is completely out of sight but the lock can be quickly operated by touch only. The box is secure enough to prevent children and visitors from opening it but easily reached and opened by me in complete darkness.

·
Registered
23,524 Posts
Nightstand along with a knife.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 642 w/ laser is in a holster, clipped to the bedframe in a position that I can easily access without having to move much beyond just reaching down the side of the bed. There's a MagLite next to it. If I have time to put my feet on the deck I leave the 642 alone. I'm reaching under the bed and pulling out the 12 ga. Ithaca M&P that has it's own light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sig P320C with full mag but no round in chamber sitting in a bookcase headboard. Pepper spray and flashlight next to it. Not sure which two things I'll grab if push comes to shove.

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
Mine is in a small pistol safe which is locked and attached to the frame of the house. It can be opened (simplex mechanical pushbutton lock) in about 1 second for full access to a loaded S&W 9mm M&P and extra magazine. I have physically memorized the pushbutton pattern.

The current mode of house burglary here ignores the presence of alarm systems, and depends on the 10 to 15 minute police response time and neighborhoods without adequate watch in place. They check front and rear of the house using two perpetrators, then smash into a door with low observation from the street and neighbor houses. Even with the alarm sounding, they head straight to the bedroom looking for guns, cash and jewelry. After a quick once over, and within 3-5 minutes, they exit and leave the premises.

I'd prefer not to put one of my handguns into their criminal commerce, so keep it locked by readily available.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Administrator
8,129 Posts
Since I don't have any children around, I can get away without having to have something locked up. So, I just have a simple bedside holster holding a J-frame and a flashlight.

I do lock it up when I'm away though. Also, sorry for the lousy picture. I was in a hurry...

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Glock 26 in my bed stand drawer and a Smith Wesson 66 2 1/2 .357 in the wife's bed stand drawer. Ithaca Stake Out pump under the bed. Colt M-4 in corner of bed room next to dresser. Glock 19 in top dresser drawer and a Smith Wesson model 60 2 inch taped under the bathroom toilet tank in the attached master bath. i was a boy scout and the motto stuck Always be prepared !!

Sleep secure at night Take a Cop to Bed

LoL

Layne12gun

Almost forgot Gladiator flash light on each side of the bed. Kel-light in each night stand also ....

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
CZ SP-01 Tac in the nightstand drawer. Spray and pray, baby!

We also have a fuzzy 140 lb. "burglar extinguisher".

Reactions: 1av8r and Curt360

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Well, my folding buck knife resides in the same concealed drawer of my bedframe unit as my EDC because find it to be uncomfortable in my pajama pocket. I keep a good quality flashlight in that drawer, too.

I must stand up to access that drawer and my gun. That is by design because I do not feel good about drawing and shooting from bed in a half-sleep condition. I need to at least get to my feet to truly wake up enough to make life and death decisions. I trust my alarm system and two furry burglar extinguishers will buy me the time I need. The EDC is loaded with one in the pipe. Oh, a snubby sleeps in that same drawer just in case I need a backup. (The Mrs. has easy access to her EDC, too.

Everything in that drawer is in a specific place and orientation so I can grab what I need in the dark. I practice getting up and accessing that drawer the same as I practice drawing from a holster. It's like any dry fire routine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts