Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out running some errands and decided to drop in at my LGS for a quick visit. I had no sooner walked into the door when the owner motioned me over and pulled two 1000 piece boxes of CCI primers from under the counter! In a hushed voice he asked if I wanted either or both boxes. One was small pistol primers (!), the other large rifle primers. I immediately took the SPP box and, after some thought, left the box of large rifle primers for someone else. So, for the princely sum of $42, I got a thousand SPPs!!! Online, that box would have been about $200 if not more! He also had gotten in some ammo and I picked up two boxes of the Hornady Critical Defense ammo in 44 Special. All the above for a bit less than $100! Did Santa just come to see me or did I use up all my luck for the year?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
If I were you, I'd get a lottery ticket, just in case you've got a touch of luck left.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Usually one very good thing happens to me in a years time. I don't expect more as that would be a jinx to my theory.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Having a really good long term relationship with your LGS is priceless. The first local store that hubby developed that kind of relationship with eventually was turned over to the owner's son who ran it down to nothing and it went out of business (the son got hooked on drugs). A few years later his father decided to open another gun store, with his daughter and her husband managing it. It had been at least 7 years since hubby had seen "old Dave." However, the first time he walked in the door of the new store he was greeted with a loud, "HI B......, glad to see you again!"

We were glad to see them again also!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts