Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Last week I saw four for sale. Three of them have been refinish with what looked like a factory refinish and one in original 98% condition. All three of the refinished one's sold with the original remaining. It's priced too high IMO.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last week I saw four for sale. Three of them have been refinish with what looked like a factory refinish and one in original 98% condition. All three of the refinished one's sold with the original remaining. It's priced too high IMO.
So, what was too high? All these old guns are starting to bring high $$$ prices, IF, they are 100% and all original. Add more if in the original box, which is very seldom for the 20's and 30's guns. I strive for the nicest examples as I am a collector. I will pay more for the nicer guns. Big Larry

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
Not really. Just trying to educate folks.
This is a great S&W Forum where folks can learn. Big Larry
Adding specs like S/N, year shipped would be helpful in that regard. :)
1930's at a guess?

Reactions: Leo918

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
So, what was too high? All these old guns are starting to bring high $$$ prices, IF, they are 100% and all original. Add more if in the original box, which is very seldom for the 20's and 30's guns. I strive for the nicest examples as I am a collector. I will pay more for the nicer guns. Big Larry
They are asking $895.00, S&W 38 M&P model of 1905 4th change, 38 special.

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts