Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Cali featureless Sport II for about a month now. I've learned a ton on youtube and really enjoyed going out and shooting it a few times already. Really great when you throw more bolt-ons onto it and notice the differences each item makes. But, the one thing that really bugs me, is my barrel end is not threaded. I don't know why they'd do that, except to save a nickel. Muzzle brakes are legal on CA featureless and I already picked up a V Seven micro brake I want to install. A local gunsmith said he'd thread it if I bring him the barrel itself for $125. Now, I'm thinking about spending that $ on an aftermarket barrel that might be nicer than the stock. So far, my use for the gun is home defense and shooting targets. So, nothing crazy. And, I don't want to break the bank here.

So, does anyone have any aftermarket 16" barrel preferences?

·
Registered
32,973 Posts
Why would you want a muzzle break on a gun for HD? That just makes the blasts and flash also oriented to you as well as the bad guy. In the dark, that could be a dicey situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point about the muzzle break not being ideal in a closed environment. The V Seven micro utilizes very small ports, so you don't receive much of the concussive blast out the sides as you would a larger, 6 port.

·
Super Moderator
20,055 Posts
Trust me, if you're shooting at a bad guy with an AR, they really don't give a crap about a little muzzle flash. They'll be much more concerned about the bullets heading their way. In the dark it'll nearly blind them anyway. Put whatever muzzle device you want and call it good to go.

Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Registered
32,973 Posts
Trust me, if you're shooting at a bad guy with an AR, they really don't give a crap about a little muzzle flash. They'll be much more concerned about the bullets heading their way. In the dark it'll nearly blind them anyway. Put whatever muzzle device you want and call it good to go.
Except You might also be affected by the blast and flash rendering you as incapacitated as the bad guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.