Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike "Doc" Barranti posted a photo of his new cross draw holster for a S&W J-Frame and I had to order one! Does anyone else look at this photo and think it's the neatest thing they've seen in awhile?

I ordered one in plain tan leather. It has a thumb break. I asked for the Shootists logo in the middle. When I'm in New Mexico at the NRA Whittington Center, I like to carry a revolver loaded with a CCI Shotshell for rattlesnakes. We had one right by the range officer tower this past June.

I think this holster will carry my little nickel plated Model 40-1 just perfectly and then I can still wear another bigger gun on my right hip!

Now the waiting begins...patience!

Here's my 40-1:

-Steve

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Both are nice but I think I like that shiny little snubby the most. Nice grip set up as well.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like cross draw holsters and that looks to be a beauty.!! Went to their website..don't see it listed..maybe too new?
Yes, Doc just came out with this style. He is always innovating and his holsters are amazing.

He has been making versions of S.D. Myres holsters lately and I had to have one for my engraved Walther PP custom. The little .32 is engraved in relief German Oak Leaves & Acorns. Doc made this holster with matching tooled leather for me. It's a really neat holster.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I like it but I like my bigger gun as the cross draw.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have one of his field and hunting shoulder holsters. It is excellent and fits my Ruger Single Seven Birdshead .327 Federal Magnum. It has spare ammo loops and is good for use on my small ranch.

The cons are extremely long delivery and a high price. I had to contact him numerous times to get a delivery to the ranch. He seems to be a good guy but not real organized at Barranti Leather.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one of his field and hunting shoulder holsters. It is excellent and fits my Ruger Single Seven Birdshead .327 Federal Magnum. It has spare ammo loops and is good for use on my small ranch.

The cons are extremely long delivery and a high price. I had to contact him numerous times to get a delivery to the ranch. He seems to be a good guy but not real organized at Barranti Leather.

I have to disagree with you and say that Mike Barranti is extremely organized. I know him personally. Like many other true one-man shops that produce quality products, orders are booked out for months, if not almost a year. It's a simple matter of time. His son helps out, but this is not a business with an employee staff. He has items on his page that are "in stock" (like his coasters and hats and some holsters) and he ships those immediately. I've ordered hats and a set of his custom leather drink holsters and one of his "life changers" and it arrived in days. He's plenty organized. But he's also popular with his impressively made holsters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts