Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a can for general household use, and I’ve seen references to it on this forum. My question is in what ways is Ballistol used on firearms? Is it ok on stainless, on blued finish? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,292 Posts
yes. The label is pretty accurate. It is also good for wood, tires, vinyl seats (if you can take the smell). I use it to rub my firearms down once I have cleaned them. Good for wood and rubber grips as well. A very good product IMHO.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
it is pretty much just Mineral Oil that smells like wet socks:)
It is not only a gun lube/cleaner but a hair tonic and floor cleaner all in one.
Restores vigor and vitality and improves your sex life!

Contents Ballistol contains medicinal grade mineral oil, alkaline salts of oleic acid, several alcohols, Benzyl Acetate and an oil from vegetal seeds. The mineral oil is unchlorinated and conforms to the specifications of US Pharmacopeia XX.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Thank you everybody for the comments and answers to my question. The product has certainly tamed my wild hair, makes my floors sparkle and added quite a zippity do da to my sex life. Now to convince the wife to let me try it with her.
It is a "lubricant" but that smell!:eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
it is pretty much just Mineral Oil that smells like wet socks:)
It is not only a gun lube/cleaner but a hair tonic and floor cleaner all in one.

Contents Ballistol contains medicinal grade mineral oil, alkaline salts of oleic acid, several alcohols, Benzyl Acetate and an oil from vegetal seeds. The mineral oil is unchlorinated and conforms to the specifications of US Pharmacopeia XX.

You forgot on your pancakes.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My wife hates the smell of Hoppes#9 also! I've tried Balistol in the past. I'll stick with Hoppes and CLP. I know the Germans invented Balistol during W.W.1. It has a very odd sweet smell that I'm not fond of!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Thank you everybody for the comments and answers to my question. The product has certainly tamed my wild hair, makes my floors sparkle and added quite a zippity do da to my sex life. Now to convince the wife to let me try it with her.
Go ahead and ask your wife, I already tried it with her. 👍

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

1 - 16 of 16 Posts