Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is older sob story thread somewhere about having to give up my 2014 Silverado for cheaper vehicle , a dinky 4cyl Ford Fusion . Went back to same dealer got a decent deal on a 2014 Ford F150 3.7 V6 48,000 mi. flip up bed lid and Bed Rug liner . The 300HP V6 sounds like a V8 and moves the truck down the road pretty good . The interior wasn't super clean so it will be detailed and pick it up tomorrow :giggle:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Pickup truck

·
Registered
26,235 Posts
My 2019 has the turbo V6; that things accelerates uphill towing a trailer at 85mph; good engine.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Not bad.

I sometimes wonder what the big deal is with running boards on every truck today is. I can see them if it's high up but on a street truck, all they are is shin knockers and a great place to collect gunk and cause rust.

My wife got a new Suburban LTZ and it came with them, told the dealer she didn't want them but they were the'package' deal. I removed them and sold then on Craigslist. Put on a set of black mudguards and called it good.

Nice truck though. My favorite color, silver. Silver don't show dirt. We live on an unpaved road. Guy down the way has a black pickup. Think he washes it every day.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Not bad.

I sometimes wonder what the big deal is with running boards on every truck today is. I can see them if it's high up but on a street truck, all they are is shin knockers and a great place to collect gunk and cause rust.

My wife got a new Suburban LTZ and it came with them, told the dealer she didn't want them but they were the'package' deal. I removed them and sold then on Craigslist. Put on a set of black mudguards and called it good.

Nice truck though. My favorite color, silver. Silver don't show dirt. We live on an unpaved road. Guy down the way has a black pickup. Think he washes it every day.
BECAUSE some people have shorter legs. My old 96 Z71 didn't have them and I wore the seat out turning sideways and sliding off the seat to touch the ground. I had them put on my new Chevy 4x4. I can turn sideways. Step on the chrome tube step and then step on the ground. I like "em".

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
BECAUSE some people have shorter legs. My old 96 Z71 didn't have them and I wore the seat out turning sideways and sliding off the seat to touch the ground. I had them put on my new Chevy 4x4. I can turn sideways. Step on the chrome tube step and then step on the ground. I like "em".
So you are a midget huh? Step on the chrome tube step until it corrodes off....

You'd have a helluva time getting in my F350 Ford 4x4. it's 6 over stock so the door sill is about 16" off the ground and no running boards on that either. I use hoop steps in cast aluminum.

My wife and I aren't short. I'm 6'1" and she's 6'.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I charge $20 extra to service vehicles with drop down steps as it takes 20 extra minutes to set them up to lift. No matter..after a few years in the salt,they rot off anyways and usually take the rocker panels with them. The only issue I have with the new turbo drivetrains is the plumbers nightmare under the hood. Not a problem when the truck is newer..but once it is off warranty and everything is rusty..and needs to come off for service..the bill climbs skyward very quickly when it all crumbles when being removed for repair. Not something that most think about now..but I am seeing it a LOT lately. The only engine Ford puts in the F series not covered in all that plumbing is the 5.0L..and the new 7.3. Now there is a sweet engine!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nice looking truck. My 2010 F 350 is silver. Washed it 2 years ago and it still looks good. I would like to trade it for a newer 4 door truck that we could haul a 20 - 24 ft trailer with but I’m not ready to get bent over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
So you are a midget huh? Step on the chrome tube step until it corrodes off....

You'd have a helluva time getting in my F350 Ford 4x4. it's 6 over stock so the door sill is about 16" off the ground and no running boards on that either. I use hoop steps in cast aluminum.

My wife and I aren't short. I'm 6'1" and she's 6'.
SA.....5'10" . As far as jacked up in the air you are NO Higher from getting stuck that the bottom of your differential. So YOU use steps too. You just want to knock mine.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Both my 2001 and my 1999 'Burbans have/had running boards. Haven't had any issues with the rocker panels rusting.

The '01 got rusty, but not there, and the '99 is Ziebarted (learned my lesson from the '01)

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked it up this afternoon stopped by the DMV and had tags transferred . On the way home a F150 stopped beside at a red light , it's twin same color and wheels even had same bed cover 😄

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm having my truck fixed right now. It is a '65 Ford f-100. 352 Truck Engine, Three On The Tree and Posi. It has 53,000 actual miles on it. It is a half ton, which means you can safely haul 1,000 pounds in it. I once hauled 2,300 pounds of gravel with two passengers and it din't even breathe hard.:cool:
Really lookin' forward to drivin' it again.:giggle:
Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great looking ride, jb59! Very practical color, and excellent tires! That one will definitely serve you well for a long time.

I'm not really sure if you guys would call mine a "truck".

Much as I enjoy and appreciate American heavy metal (I owned a Chevy Suburban once) we don't get that many choices over here, so we make do with what's locally available and can easily be serviced using locally-supplied parts.

This is an '06 model with the 4.5-liter V8 gasoline engine, made when BMW owned the brand. Love it for its rust-free aluminum body, reliability, and full-time 4-wheel drive (even if it drinks unleaded fuel like a rabid fish). It's also a 7-seater.

I happen to agree with Silvertip and SidecarFlip, so this one wears Michelins all around, and skips the running boards altogether!

This is also one of those few times that it actually looks clean. It normally wears six or seven layers of dust and mud --- I tend to think it looks better, that way!

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts