Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 629 Magnum Hunter a couple weeks ago, and took to the range with my favorite 240XTP/H110 load.

With the rear sight all the way down, it was hitting roughly 4" high at 10 yards, 8" high at 25, roughly 16" at 50, and at my 100 yard plate I had to aim at the bottom of the 2X4 to hit steel.

I called Smith, and the gentleman named Frank was very nice. I told him I didnt mind replacing the front sight myself or filing, but he insisted I send it back as he felt it shouldn't have left that way, and due to the amount it's off and get progressively worse with range (not better, as the trajectory should be arcing at some point) he wants the guys to check the barrel fitment. (His words).

A little frustrating, but I sent it out today with thier prepaid label. Well see how it goes..

· Registered
33 Posts
He was correct. That projectile should have started dropping by the time you got to the 100 yard target. I have been very happy with S&W customer service, from the initial call to when it comes back home.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

· Registered
21 Posts
I'll bet the barrel is clocked on the gun right now. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause such a problem. It sounds like the CS person you talked to thinks the same thing.

My experience with S&W warranty work has been very positive. The gun should come back with the barrel properly lined up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.