Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The range report Smith and Wesson M&P AR15 sport II, 5.56/.223 1 n 9 twist

Well this was my first time using a Crimson sites, and it took a little big to figure out how to zero in the site. However, it’s nice now. I sited it in at 25 yards. I fired 250 rounds of the M193 .223 55gr ammo fmj, and 120 rounds of the M855 5.56 62gr fmj green tip. What a pleasure it was to break-in this baby! Nothing like the new smell of fresh steel and carbon. LOL.

I was curious how the 1 n 9 twist would be for the M855 5.56 62gr and was no difference. I did think maybe just a little to the right and down from bullseye. But nothing to spend to much time on. It hit center mass. I really like it. It’s mfg is IMIsystems. Good stuff.

The HSM M193 was nice too, right on target. I will leave this as my go to range ammo. Unless in 2021 I can pick up some more.

Peace of mine knowing these two different ammo types and mfg’s work fine.

Bonus on the range, I was able to break-in my new Sig 320 M17. I put a few hundred rounds through. One stove pipe and that was because I switched to my left, and I know for sure it was limp wrist.

Thank you all, I have a place to learn about this new rifle and meet wonderful people along the way!

That it! Semper Fi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What made it a memorial trip? Sorry if I missed something. A fallen friend?
In the title..."
Finally a memorial trip with my son at the Range
"
A great time with him shooting my new AR and a day together. He's all grown up now! We had a blast pun intended!

Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh good to hear. That's a memorable trip. A memorial trip is in memory of someone no longer with us! Glad that's not the case.
Good point, I edited the title!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts