Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federal F130 00.

12 Gauge, 2 3/4" Hull, with 12 pellets (instead of the typical 8-9) of OO Buck.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/65652-5.html

This is GREAT STUFF, and has been pretty hard to find in the past year.

A little more money but it patterns tight out of my stock 20" Improved Cylinder 870 barrel. At 20 paces it consistently keeps all 12 pellets on a B27 Silhouette and most in the center of the torso.

I use it exclusively in all my HD Shotguns and I highly recommend it.

Drew

·
Registered
36 Posts
That stuff is great, but it will loosen your fillings. I qualified a bunch of tribal cops on their assorted 12 gauges - we started at the fifty with reduced recoil slugs, moved in to the 25 also with slugs, and then switched to that wicked 12 pellet 00 buck for close in. Their heads were snapping back like they were taking Ali punches with each shot. Some of them actually stopped and looked at their guns like something was wrong with them.

I agree with your assessment - its the buckshot I have in my 12 gauge.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SIG,

My Primary HD 'Outside House Gun' 870 has a Choate Extended Mag Tube, Hogue Overmolded Buttstock and a Surefire Forend .... the extra weight helps in recoil management. The Hogue is really super softening recoil and should be considered for anyone fielding a shotgun for serious purposes.

However, My 'Bedroom / Inside House Gun' is a very clean, sleek, smooth wood stocked 18 1/2" Open Choke Cylinder Bore 870 with no other features than a Remington Mag Extension..... although it's very fast, it can also be very "Brisk" in recoil. In fact, it seems that all I have to do is push the forearm forward after the shot....

Eight rounds of this wicked stuff down range is alot of lead.... 96 00 Pellets and like the old Certs commercial used to say.... it "takes the worry out of being close....".

I highly recommend this load for anyone serious about Home Defense with a 12 Gauge Shotgun....

Thanks to Cheaper Than Dirt, it's available again....

Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts