Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frequently, I spend a long time typing my response to a thread.......only to hit the Ctrl key accidentally, and wipe the whole thing out. This happens quite often, in the many years I have been a member. My question is.....how do I use the Auto Saved feature, that I see flash on, while I am typing. I'm getting sick and tired of losing a well thought out response, and I am not about to retype it again!!!!! FRUSTRATING!!!! nhvaoavonbvoALOiuhjga; Bob

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
I have seen that auto-saved yellow box pop up; the question becomes where did it save it to?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Thanks Rule3. I'm not too sure about that......but I will give it a try next time it happens. Bob
Only if you allow some time while typing, if you just type a word or two it doesn't click on the auto save
I just saw the auto save light up when I typed this first line.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill, I don't know why this is important to you. I never refer to it anyway, and do not see a reason for it. I don't know if the Administration even looks at our concerns. Bob

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, maybe I'm being too fast on the trigger. How long should I wait after losing my reply? I don't have much patience with these stupid computers. To me.....they are a necessary EVIL!!!! :evil: Bob

·
Administrator
524 Posts
If it's not there when you refresh the page, then it didn't save. The Auto-Save keeps the data in your own browser cache, so if you don't see it then there isn't anything for me to retrieve.

If your browser has any form of adblocker, cookie blocker, or tracking blocker, those plugins might be interfering with the save. Or you might need to do a clean of your cookies and cache. That won't bring anything back of course, but it will hopefully help with saves in the future

Kevin

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Bob .. I don't know if its helpful but you could type your piece into a wordpad or text program and then when you have sussed it all out to your liking just copy paste. I used to do that with some emails when I still worked out of the house because email programs would sometimes eat a message. This way I always had it and if something happened to the transmission I would still have a copy.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help, but you're getting too technical for me. I can just barely use the computer, just enough to get by, and don't have any idea of what you're talking about. ;) Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts