Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is attitude and then there is positive attitude! "Life is not the way it's supposed to be - it's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

After his plane was hit and he was forced to eject, the Marine Corps fighter pilot finally regained consciousness. He was in a hospital, in a lot of pain.
He found himself in the ICU with tubes/IV drips in both arms, a breathing mask, wires monitoring every function and a nurse hovering over him, looking worried. It was obvious he was in a life-threatening situation.
The nurse gave him a serious look, straight into his eyes. Knowing he was not only a fighter pilot, but a Marine, she spoke to him softly and slowly, enunciating each word:
"You may not feel anything from the waist down."
Somehow he managed to mumble in reply, "Can I feel your tits, then?"

And that, my friends, is a real positive attitude.

Semper Fi Marine.

·
Registered
12,399 Posts
A few years ago, my wife and I took a vacation in the Virgin Islands. We went on a charter boat around the islands and stopped on Jost Van Dyke for a beachfront bar named Foxy's. The older Black gent who owned the place was sitting in a chair by the open-air entrance gently playing a guitar and welcoming everyone. A young Dutch couple were standing there admiring the music and asked him how he was.

In that oh so cool sounding lilt of the Caribbean, he replied: "Today I am MOST excellent; and tomorrow I shall be even better".

I have never forgotten that as I think HE has the right way to look at life. I try (but am not always successful) to fight my natural cynicism and negativity and abide by that statement. What a wonderful way to go through life.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Most fighter pilots have attitude and most Marines have attitude. You put the two together and that’s one bad ass......

·
Registered
12,399 Posts
Most fighter pilots have attitude and most Marines have attitude. You put the two together and that’s one bad ass......
Or one helluva bar fight

·
Registered
381 Posts
A few years ago, my wife and I took a vacation in the Virgin Islands. We went on a charter boat around the islands and stopped on Jost Van Dyke for a beachfront bar named Foxy's. The older Black gent who owned the place was sitting in a chair by the open-air entrance gently playing a guitar and welcoming everyone. A young Dutch couple were standing there admiring the music and asked him how he was.

In that oh so cool sounding lilt of the Caribbean, he replied: "Today I am MOST excellent; and tomorrow I shall be even better".

I have never forgotten that as I think HE has the right way to look at life. I try (but am not always successful) to fight my natural cynicism and negativity and abide by that statement. What a wonderful way to go through life.
Years ago, I chartered a Morgan 45’ out of St Thomas and sailed it around the BVI. We stopped at Jost Van Dyke and took the dingy ashore to the Soggy Dollar Bar. It was called that because they had no dock and you had to anchor offshore and either wade in or take the dingy, either way you got wet and thus, the “Soggy Dollar Bar”.

·
Registered
12,399 Posts
Years ago, I chartered a Morgan 45’ out of St Thomas and sailed it around the BVI. We stopped at Jost Van Dyke and took the dingy ashore to the Soggy Dollar Bar. It was called that because they had no dock and you had to anchor offshore and either wade in or take the dingy, either way you got wet and thus, the “Soggy Dollar Bar”.
Yep, stopped there too.......their mudslides and painkillers were awesome............and the soggy wet dollar bills were hung by clothespins behind the bar

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is attitude and then there is positive attitude! "Life is not the way it's supposed to be - it's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

After his plane was hit and he was forced to eject, the Marine Corps fighter pilot finally regained consciousness. He was in a hospital, in a lot of pain.
He found himself in the ICU with tubes/IV drips in both arms, a breathing mask, wires monitoring every function and a nurse hovering over him, looking worried. It was obvious he was in a life-threatening situation.
The nurse gave him a serious look, straight into his eyes. Knowing he was not only a fighter pilot, but a Marine, she spoke to him softly and slowly, enunciating each word:
"You may not feel anything from the waist down."
Somehow he managed to mumble in reply, "Can I feel your tits, then?"

And that, my friends, is a real positive attitude.

Semper Fi Marine.
That's a double like if I ever heard one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts