Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Different cultures eat different things. They probably find my eating of squirrels revolting. I don't judge people like that and I still maintain that the virus came from the lab adjacent to the market. JMO.

Myself, I find eating horse meat somewhat revolting but it's done in Canada all the time.
True, other places eat different things but sanitation is also a pretty damn important issue don't ya think?
Do you roll your squirrels around on the barn floor before eating or let them lay around dead with flies on them?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I dont really care what people eat or how they shop .. right up until it is called out as the most probable cause of a virus that affects millions.

The coronavirus did not escape from a lab: Here's how we know
https://www.foxnews.com/science/the-coronavirus-did-not-escape-from-a-lab-heres-how-we-know

Sure... the dog thing is disturbing since we are conditioned to think of them as pets and not food but .. man .. have you ever smelled chitlens before and during cooking ... UGH makes me want to gag. Another miserable job I had as a kid was sorting out and separating Chitterlings that came in a giant compound bucket. This was when I was about 9-10 years old. To this day I think I can smell it in my nose sometimes.

How about Tripe .. For whatever reason my mother made that like twice ... Some harkening back to poor people food which confounded me because she came up middle class .. it would clear out the house from the smell and stink up the whole building.

oh and dont get me started on pigs feet .. I mean WTH!!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
After the War my father was still in the navy and his ship patrolled between China and Japan. He told me the Chinese were some filthy people. My Father was in the Navy 1941 to 1947 and served in the Pacific on the USSMANLOVE DE36 after the war he was on the USS Hansen.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I dont really care what people eat or how they shop .. right up until it is called out as the most probable cause of a virus that affects millions.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/the-coronavirus-did-not-escape-from-a-lab-heres-how-we-know

Sure... the dog thing is disturbing since we are conditioned to think of them as pets and not food but .. man .. have you ever smelled chitlens before and during cooking ... UGH makes me want to gag. Another miserable job I had as a kid was sorting out and separating Chitterlings that came in a giant compound bucket. This was when I was about 9-10 years old. To this day I think I can smell it in my nose sometimes.

How about Tripe .. For whatever reason my mother made that like twice ... Some harkening back to poor people food which confounded me because she came up middle class .. it would clear out the house from the smell and stink up the whole building.

oh and don't get me started on pigs feet .. I mean WTH!!
Got that right! How about other internal organ like liver and kidneys that filter out the impurities in blood?

Kinda craving some chicken feet right about now. Just think were those feet have been!:eek:

chicken.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
After seeing the dogs I had to turn it off. Gross. Give thanks you were Born here in America.
I also got as far as the dogs, couldn't watch it anymore. It's so bizarre that they consider them "food". I suppose the "sacred cow" being used as food is just as odd to others in this world.

I am thankful for the governmental oversight of our food supply, .............. I'm trying to think of anything else .......... Nope, just the food. ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I received a video of orientals eating live mice and other live rodents.

NAFTA should have never happened.
I saw one in which a snake's head was cut off in a market stall containing hundreds of them, the blood drained into a cup, & drank on the spot!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just remembered something while on the way back home from physical therapy – the image of a chinese wet market as in the originator’s video did (after I got over the acute onset nausea), I remember a movie I saw a few years ago – “Contagion”. It’s abit disturbing, but it chronicles a pandemic with its resultant breakdown of society in the US. The epidemiologists backtrack the disease back to . . . (drum-roll . . .) (spoiler alert #1) you guessed it – china!!! And, where it china did it originate??? . . . (another drum-roll) (spoiler alert #2) yep, you got it – a wet-market. And, what was the culprit in the wet-market??? . . . (another drum-roll) (spoiler alert #3) yep, you got it – a bat. The movie mimics the current situation perfectly, albeit to the Nth degree, and the movie was made several years ago. And, like I mentioned – it’s abit disturbing . . . forewarned . . .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts