Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many rounds do you usually fire when you get to the range. I normally do 50 at 25 yards. Thinking about doing more as I have a few hundred cast bullets to use up before casting more.mostly 357 or 38s..love my Rossi 92 lever rifle.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
How many rounds do you usually fire when you get to the range. I normally do 50 at 25 yards. Thinking about doing more as I have a few hundred cast bullets to use up before casting more.mostly 357 or 38s..love my Rossi 92 lever rifle.
I usually take 2 to 3 guns and fire 150 rounds at various ranges. If I take a 22 I usually fire more than 150 rounds

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
I very much enjoy shooting my various .22 LR pistols ... .22LR Merit 1911 adapter, Ruger Standard Auto, S&W 18-2. I generally limit myself to about 300 rounds for a range trip. Sometimes I also shoot my 9mm .. P-226 Legion. Occasionally I have enough .45 ACP to do some shooting. When I do, I enjoy shooting it in my S&W 625-2. With full moon clips, that revolver is just about unbeatable for hitting anything that needs to be hit with a bullet. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
35,120 Posts
My average at the range is between 150 and 200 rounds and at least 3 handguns.:)

·
Registered
15,711 Posts
No, just magazine fed guns. 5.56 goes especially fast. Less time swapping mags = more time shooting.

And I have a lot of magazines. I don't like to reload at the range.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'm an old man. At times, I can barely stand up. At the indoor ranges, I last an hour before I am just wasting ammo... which is good because they bill by the hour. I typically bring 3 or 4 handguns. They fit nicely into my light Plano 4-gun plastic case. It would be pretty rare for me to go through more than 100-150 centerfire rounds. Really depends on what I am shooting.

Going to a club with drive-up outdoor ranges is a whole 'nother matter. Whatever fits in my mini-SUV is what comes along. But again, I don't like to waste ammo... so once my accuracy starts to go to Hell, I stop. I'm not there just to make noise.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Oh, a hundred to two hundred, depending on what I'm shooting. I'm an old man too, and my back hurts, so I take along my wife's old "high performance walker." Gives me a buggy to carry my range stuff, and a seat for when I'm loading magazines and such. Best idea I ever had.

Revolvers I usually load five rounds. Ten rows of five rounds. One box. Semi-'s I mostly shoot my reloads, which I measure by the handful into a Tupperware box for the trip. Then I count them fired by the magazine. This mag holds 9 rounds, I loaded it four times...that's 36...maybe 40 depending on rather I chambered and topped off or not. And so on depending on how many guns I bought with me.

Reactions: Curt360
1 - 12 of 12 Posts