Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I decided to visit the Manatee Gun Show at Bradenton Florida... not a huge show, but not a bad one... certainly better than the Tampa show...

I didn't find anything I really needed so no purchases were made...but I did notice some things of interest.

1. There was more ammo than I have seen in some months... dealers had both Winchester and Federal .223 in several bullet weights... Also saw Russian .223... all of these available in case lots... a change from the last show.

2. Dealers also had 9mm and .40 in quantity... Winchester and Remington ball 9mm in case lots for the first time in a while... There was even a guy selling re-manufactured .380 in 100 round bags... and had a lot of it.

3. Primers... several dealers had primers (and powder) in quantity. Winchester primers and russian made plus some Mag Tech were in stock. I didn't check prices, but the primers were available. Powder was not as high as I expected... for example, 8lb jug of Unique was $140... not very much up from a year ago.

LOTS and lots of people were buying ammo and guns... and prices on guns were not cheap... dealers were pretty much getting list for new guns...but they had a lot on hand too...

Anyway, my observations...

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
182 Posts
About the same at today's OKC gun show. No 380 with one exception, but there seems to be a reasonable supply of 223, 9mm, and 40. 45 acp is low. The one guy who had 380 priced it at $75 a box, but he had no takers til he dropped the price to $40. Still overpriced, but he sold out quickly then.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Chuck,
And so it goes...
Until the hoarding stops, overpricing and short-supplies will continue to be the order of the day.
'Availability at any price' has replaced the lower prices that the falling commodity prices (brass, copper, lead, etc) had brought us.
Powder, primers, everything...continues to be offered in catalogs, BUT...
Waits of two months and more are becoming common.
And we're doing it to ourselves...
Don
:x

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Stopped by Cabelas yesterday. Reloading supplies were about nonexistant. Shotgun and 50BMG primers only. Nothing I wanted/needed. Plenty of 308, 223, 9MM in bulk containers priced the same as their web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts