Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is. My new Commander XSE arrived last week and I took it to the plate range this morning for its first official workout. So far, all systems are go. ;) I shot roughly a hundred rounds of factory hard ball plus my first four reloads (why just four you ask...cause they were inadvertantly packed with my Missouri .38 bullets and they are all I had. More will arrive this week.) No issues thus far. It shoots to point of aim and should smooth out nicely. I let another fellow at the range shoot it too. He is a Kimber guy, and he had a smile on his face.

One of the complaints I've read about on this gun is the grip safety. Many folks say that it bites their hands and they go with a Wilson drop in beavertail. Maybe it's because I've never owned a 1911, but I have no issues with it at all.

Thanks to Nframe, Sebago Son and Giz for the input and countless phone calls asking for advice. I'm one happy camper.

G

·
0 Posts
Glad that you finally have the one you chased down. So many of us 1911 fanatics hop from one to the next. Nice to see someone have the ability to make an informed decision as to what they really want in a first John Browning .45 ACP platform.

Looking forward to putting a few downrange in your new "Precious". :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nice weapon. I think you'll be pleased. I had a full size that a buddy talked me out of.
f.t.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Well, at least you took my advice and bought a Colt.... even if it is a little 'sissified'..... :lol:

Nicely done Mark. Glad it runs well for you.... there's not much more satisfying in the shooting world than making an auto pistol perk and score better with your own handloads than with factory ammo.

Maybe when you get the urge to customize, which is the natural course of the ailment with 1911 guys, you can go retro and put it back to mil-spec configuration .... :cool:

Drew

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Well, yeah! A proper 1911 is supposed to have a rampant colt on it somewhere. Smart choice! I bet it shoots as good as it looks. Oh, you already said that. Well, it bears repeating.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Cush,
Great lookin' commander, lightweight?
I needs me one of those... :mrgreen:

Su Amigo,
Dave

************************************************************************************************************************************

Quarter Cherokee said:
Well, yeah! A proper 1911 is supposed to have a rampant colt on it somewhere.
************************************************************************************************************************************
Well QC just fer you ol' friend,

Yeah, I've been packin' 'er some and wearin' off the high spots... ;)
Ya just gotta like them prancing ponies...

Amigo,

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave, it's actually the full stainless version. I wanted the stainless one for my first 1911, and this one fits the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Dave,

You let me know when you get tired of lookin' at that thing. I wouldn't mind crossin' the Pecos to pick it up. To tell the truth, it'd probably be worth it just to meet up with you.

Take care,

Su Amigo,

QC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts