Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather has been crazy here, high winds every day, one day it is in the 90's and the next low 60's...today we had a high of 56! This past Friday my better 1/2 and I had the good fortune of fishing on a cool, but not quite as windy evening. (Witness the nice hairdo :p )

Here's Fritz on point "MA! SET THE HOOK!"

End result, 27" Walleye, that Fritz has it down! :lol:

A little over an hour later, Tim caught this 26.5"! Both walleyes were released. These girls were spawned out and very thin, in need of some nourishment.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
The 'Eyes Have It!..... :p

Good goin' Leeenz!

I have to settle for these....

I think I better go back to my Kayak... :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Bean,

Looks like Fritz was havin' fun... Anyday fishin' is a good one.

Drew, you gonna have it mounted? :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Clayton,

Man that's a real HOSS.....

Got this one last week in my Kayak.

Got this one last summer out of a little mountain pond not far from here.... Not nearly as big as yours, but very colorful and spirited on ultra light gear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Giz, Fritz does love to go fishing...it's the "F" word here...both dogs bounce off the walls if we mention it! And you are RIGHT ON--anytime fishing is Good! :cool:

Drew, dontcha know it takes a very good fisherman to catch 'em that small? See you are putting up a few of the others. We know you are a great angler!

Clayton, that is a monster :eek: Nice! We catch a few largemouth around here but nothing like that!

Cush, those are beautiful trout. I am envious!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
This is where I like to see Brookies... In my kitchen sink!

My Youngest Son Ryan, honored me with these for breakfast not long ago.... he snuck out before dawn, caught these in a brook not far from the house, and woke me up with fresh coffee, hot biscuits and these...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Got a few hours in on the Chattooga River again yesterday.
We got caught in a severe storm and barely made it back to the truck!
Mostly browns and a few rainbows.
Nothing huge, just good table fare.

·
Super Moderator
11,039 Posts
Here's one from a couple of weeks ago. Emma caught it but wouldn't hold it to pose with. :mrgreen: She was worried about getting it back in the water too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:mrgreen: Great pics!!! :mrgreen:

Here's one from last weekend...Fritz had to get in the pic too, Muffin didn't care so much about the fish OR the photo :lol:
28" er and released immediately after the picture taken

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
WOW Leeeeenz.... Haven't seen a Perch Pike that sized since I was a kid in the late 50's on Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks..... damn fine fish.... what do you think? 7 1/2, maybe 8 pounds?

Drew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Drew! I would say you are right on, somewhere between the 7 1/2 - 8 lbs. She was spawned out and very thin, as the others were.

It was a great fishing weekend!! I also caught a 30" probably a bit over 9 lbs, as well as a 24". That evening my blackberry laid in the pickup on the charger, and I didn't realize it until the big eye was in the boat. Oh well..
Good times though!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Man Leeenz. I'd love to have a fishing partner like you.... bet you know all the best 'spots'.... :shock: :p

Hell, I'd even bait for you.... :oops: :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:p Thanks Drew, but I've been baiting my own hook soon after I was able to fish...Dad taught me that I'd need to do that or be w/o bait! :lol:

Here is a pic from 2008:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I got this one last week on vacation on Osgood Pond in the adirondacks. It was the largest I can remember catching. I was drifting in my canoe around 7:00pm. It was quiet and nice. The fishing was otherwise lousy last week. He did make my day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts