Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda have to laugh about this. It's either simply good Karma or good Friends...One of my pals has been following the threads about the Schrade Old Timers, and in particular the drop point that been discussed. We traded a few emails and he just dropped it off at the house. It is a new condition Ducks Unlimited version that he won in a raffle. awhile back. The scales on the knife are wonderful and the DU emblem is on the right side. The blade is also etched with the DU logo...

Damn, thinking I'm gonna need a few more of these Schrade's :D

Here's the blade my buddy Bob just dropped off. While here he showed me one of his beautiful deer antler patch knives with sheath, that he made. Wish he'd post a pic of it here.. ;)

This is all xtm's and Leighton's fault ;)

Giz

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Giz, Glad I could help, you need to get yourself a PH1 now.

Thats very nice!!!!

Leighton

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Very Nice! Those scales are nicer even than the Uncle Henry's!

I asked about the type of steel on another thread. My plain Old Timer is not made of stainless. It doesn't rust, but it stains easily if you cut up something like an orange. I'm guessing that the higher grade Schrades have stainless blades.

xtm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My new one is definitly stainless. As to higher grade, I guess that is debatable. I consider a good carbon steel blade to be superior to stainless in every way.

Frankly, if most makers optioned the blade in carbon steel...that is the road I would take. Stains mean nothing for a user knife ;)

Giz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts