Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how the hammer comes down when Law Enforcement can't solve or won't tell the truth about what really went on behind the scenes in Las Vegas with the lone shooter. I have a lot of issues with how this case was handled, but to hammer a guy that simply sold ammo he loaded in his home? Well, enough said on my part, here's the link, read it and form your own opinions.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. They can't punish the shooter since he's not around anymore, the guns were sold legally so no one to punish for that.
So they hammer the guy illegally manufacturing ammo for resale.
Guess that shows that we all need to mind our P's & Q's and make sure we aren't violating ANY firearms or ammo laws.
On the other hand, with over 22,000 of these laws on the books nationwide, and the ATF adding more every day - and some even being added secretly - its pretty near impossible to know and follow every single one that applies to your particular location.

·
Registered
16,605 Posts
Saw where they said he did not have an FFL 10 license which allows to manufacture for destructive weapons or armor piercing. They will interpret however they need to to get something. Government agency and like OSHA or any government agency, even if you did everything to the current law they will nit pick and find something. This case the same as there were interpretations that would be in ATF's favor and damned the person's life.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Not a lawyer so .... is this a felony conviction making him a prohibited possessor now?
Yup, he screwed himself. The laws on the manufacture and remanufacture of ammunition is pretty clear. He was doing it for profit. My opinion and 2 bits is worth 2 bits, he was producing a product someone was willing to buy. Had he made box cutters in his garage, how much time would he have spent in jail for selling a few to radical Muslim extremists? American Exceptionalism just took a 13 month "vacation".

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Yup, he screwed himself. The laws on the manufacture and remanufacture of ammunition is pretty clear. He was doing it for profit. My opinion and 2 bits is worth 2 bits, he was producing a product someone was willing to buy. Had he made box cutters in his garage, how much time would he have spent in jail for selling a few to radical Muslim extremists? American Exceptionalism just took a 13 month "vacation".
Damn shame!! Guess the bullets killed and wounded all those people independent of human interaction :cautious:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn shame!! Guess the bullets killed and wounded all those people independent of human interaction :cautious:
On that point, the prosecution never contended Haig's ammunition was actually used in the shooting, just that ammo he made was found in the possession of the shooter. Not that it would matter, a trial in Las Vegas related to this horrific event was going to have its 'pound of flesh' in any instance.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
On that point, the prosecution never contended Haig's ammunition was actually used in the shooting, just that ammo he made was found in the possession of the shooter. Not that it would matter, a trial in Las Vegas related to this horrific event was going to have its 'pound of flesh' in any instance.
Not that I want to see anyone but the actual criminal be prosecuted or harassed but ... it still amazes me that the wife got through seemingly unscathed.

So much weird in that story that we will never know.

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
Shall Not Be Infringed... prison sentence. :rolleyes:

The entire FFL scheme and licensing requirements needs repealing. GCA is an assault on the Constitution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts