Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know some always carry but I cannot carry to work or even have it in the parking lot. After a 10.5 hour day with no scheduled lunch or breaks (cannot leave the store unless two of us there) I frankly am too tired when I get home to put on my S&W Shield. I do have guns strategically placed around the house.

That said, they have cut my hours back from 48/week (no overtime) to 30 and now Saturdays Off YEEEAAHH! So now I am carrying significantly more. Just had a shooting at the new Wal-Mart down the road about 4 miles. 1:30 in the afternoon out in the parking lot. They say both knew each other. (Guess they know each other as well as they thought)

Are y'll carrying more?
I carry everywhere I go. Other than jury duty, I don't go anywhere I can't carry. I usually carry my full size M&P 2.0 & 2 xtra mags, so really haven't changed anything from daily edc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I carry everywhere I go. Other than jury duty, I don't go anywhere I can't carry. I usually carry my full size M&P 2.0 & 2 xtra mags, so really haven't changed anything from daily edc.
I can't wait to figure out my sight issue, my M&P 40 full size shoots low, like, 6-8 inches low and not just in my hands. I'm thinking of replacing the front sight with a shorter one to fix the problem. After that, guess what....new gun in the rotation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have absolutely started carrying differently. Like many others here, we are not allowed to have firearms at work or on company property. They have isolated us, for less people interaction/contact, which includes staggering shifts. I am no getting out after midnight, in a less desirable part of Detroit. So that definitely means I must carry better. I have switched from my every day carry (which when I can’t carry at all) is either a North American Arms mini .22 Five shot in my front pocket or a S&W 642, now I’m carrying my Glock 23 in a Crossbreed holster. I find it remarkably comfortable after several hours, and don’t notice it at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a USAF Officer, I took an oath to defend this country against all enemies, domestic and foreign. It was not an oath to follow the president or any political leader. It was an oath to obey and defend the United States Constitution. Whether or not I still wear the uniform, That oath never ends.
I swore that oath in 1981, just before heading to MCRD San Diego, Ca. - but it is worded differently for enlisted than for officers!

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted): "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers): "I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."
Note that the enlisted oath does refer to obeying "the President" and "officers appointed over me" - according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice!

Remember that the UCMJ, and all of the regulations I have ever read, say we must obey LAWFUL orders - it never says that we must obey ALL orders.

Which brings the Constitution back into the picture... if the order is contrary to the Constitution, it CANNOT be lawful!

It was even explained to us that we had a duty to prevent unlawful orders from being carried out.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts