Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a garbage pistol yesterday with these grips on it, the grips don't really fit and you can see the grips were slightly altered.

Wondering if these were actually S&W grips from 1967 or earlier, if so what model they would be for and if there is any value.

If no value I may just make them fit the junk pistol.

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Those are S&W grips from pre WW2. You mentioned they dont fit well. What revolver did you get and are they too big or too small?. It's hard to judge the size of them with nothing to compare to

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes, thanks they measure 1 3/4" at the base 3" from top to bottom 1 3/8" from screw hole to bottom and 1" across the flats at the top of grip.

These are too big for the ratty double action S&W model 3, double action Belgian knock off pistol they came on. Thinking the pistol is early 1900s but the grips obviously were not made for the gun.

Jim

·
Premium Member
19,153 Posts
Those grips are from the 1920s. And yes they do have value. Not Mega dollars but maybe 40-50 bucks.

Guy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea which pistol these would fit? Hopefully I will find somebody that can use them.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
My S&W Model 1905 4th change .38 Special that was made in 1921 has those grips on it.

Are they valuable? The way it works for me is nothing is valuable unless I'm looking to buy it then everything a collectors item. If I'm trying to sell what ever it is then I can't give it away.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Good checkering. $50 easy.
Put them into the WTS section.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold to 45acp230, hope they work out well.

Glad I posted and thanks for the help guys.

Jim

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
And thank you,Jim! My Model 10 thanks you, too. She got to me with a pair of painted stocks not numbered to the gun. Just never cleaned up those stocks. Now...Hank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts