Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While going through some stuff I came across this die set for .308.
I do not have anything that shoots 308 so I am going to sell the dies if they are worth anything. Can someone give me an idea what to ask?
Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades Publication

·
Registered
28,348 Posts
Look on Gunbroker; right now pricing is crazy

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Hey Jonesy,

In normal times, used dies go for $15 to $25.

In a day when HAMMERED, LEE Six Cavity Aluminum Molds ($50/new) sell for $200 on Flea Bay?

Hope this helps...

Later, Mark

·
Super Moderator
14,087 Posts
They are a $40 die set, and not in stock at regular online sellers...

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are a $40 die set, and not in stock at regular online sellers...
That's around what I figured. Saw one place had them at $44.99, but not in stock. These may not even be made anymore. I believe they are 25-30 years old

·
Registered
495 Posts
I unloaded some dies on gunbroker for average price $65, and a few for $104. 308 on gunbroker I would start at around $45 and expect them to go over $65. Good time to sell.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
What ever happened to "Friend's & Shooter's Pricing?"
Replaced with greed of course. My question is, are they fixed chamber dies or bushing dies and are they short body (for bumping back shoulders) or standard length.

I have a set of John Whidden bushing dies custom machined for my chamber that cost me in the excess of 250 bucks new so depending on condition and if fixed or bushing, I'd say anywhere from 20 bucks to 200 depending on what the market will bear.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I could always make room for another set of .308 dies.
Do you have them listed for sale anywhere?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Thanks, replied in WTB, WTS. Also PM'd ya.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hey Jonsey, I was at the York Show yesterday. noticed something very interesting. Reloading dies for handgun cartridges, used or new, were priced twice as much as rifle dies. Same with brass and bullets. And the semi auto genre was at a premium. 9mm especially.

You were spot on with your price.

I did find some good deals on rifle bullets and brass. Bought a box of Speer Hot Core .375cal bulllets for $21 and traded for 50 pcs of 45-70 brass. I guess neither was in demand with the newbies!

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts