Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If the bottom is oval, yes. Squared off, no.

·
Administrator
8,097 Posts
They probably are but we need much better pictures of the back, the bottom and especially the sides. They might be though...

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gun is for sale with a price of $1050 here in PA. If you are interested I can pass on contact info. Not mine or even a friends, just an ad I saw on an area bulletin board

·
Registered
17,454 Posts
The top gun is a Pre-27 with 6.5 inch barrel. I was wondering if anyone can tell if those are "Coke" grips

View attachment 477754
The bottom one looks like a friend of mine's gun he had specially made when he was competitively shooting. His brothers all confirm he competed against Miculek and he said felt honored came in third a couple times. That gun he had is heavy but perfectly balanced and trigger was extremely light in DA (He said about 1.5 lbs and used only Federal primers as were thinnest at time). He let me shoot it a couple times and it was just pure fun and enjoyment and how easy it made shooting good to be. I still could not put a cylinder full in the same whole (just a small fraction over original) free handed one hand. The gun was a modified 586 and was done in 1975.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Well, compare them to this

I'd say they are.

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
I agree with Delcrossv, without actually holding the pistol and seeing it in person I would also say yes.

·
Super Moderator
32,484 Posts
It can be interesting to find a Smith where the grips by themself are worth pretty much as much as many firearms!

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,572 Posts
This is a Coke:

Not a Coke:

They are both diamond Target stocks. The Coke checker goes lower on the stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts