Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
I've got 50 rounds of 22 mag I have not fired yet.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Super Moderator
19,291 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of the .38 Special ammo. NO issues at all. I don't think it's any dirtier than other ammo. I've purchased more of it since I first started shooting it as well.
I would say it's pretty consistent, and accuracy doesn't seem to be an issue either. All in all it's okay ammo. It's even better when you can buy a bunch of it when it's on sale.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
I have shot the 45 ACP and 22 mag Armscor with no hitches. Good price. As stated, no dirtier than any others and is good for plinking around.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
SHOT IT IN 357 AND 44 MAG NO ISSUES, RELOADED THE BRASS TOO..

thewelshm

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
207 Posts
During the Great 22lr Drought, Armscor was about the only 22 ammo we could find here for awhile. It shot as well as anything else, was affordable and available, and caused no issues. I've used 9mm and 40 and found it to be equally as good as the 22.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Have only use Armscor .38 Special lead round nosed ammo. Out of six boxes, there were three failures to fire w/ one box. Revolver used was a 28-2 that, before that day, had never failed to fire with any brand of ammo. Tried the rounds in other chambers of the cylinder but none fired. Since that day that revolver has been unfailingly reliable with every brand of ammo used as well as an unknown amount of handholds. YMMV. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
I've shot a lot of their 10mm ammo and it's held in high regard over on the 10mm-firearms.com forum. Armscor ammo is made both in the USA and abroad, depending on the caliber. The 10mm stuff is USA made and has been reliable.

I think in previous years Armscor ammo was a lot more iffy, but in recent years they've taken pains to improve quality, and I think the move to the USA was responsible for much of that.

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
9mm here, no issues in 500 rounds though shield & g19.

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
I've had a few boxes of Armscor ammo in the past and had no issues.;)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
337 Posts
Only used their 22 WMR ammo, and it is reasonably clean, and very accurate in my PMR 30. I think it was 40 gr, without going down stairs to look. At one time (2013 era) it was all that was available, and well priced. I see bricks of their 22 LR around, but it's usually $45-$50 bucks a brick. Not that good!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Their .38 special ammo is fine. Tends to run a bit dirty, but goes bang every time.

I have read that their firearms are solid; I disagree. Bought an Armscor/Rock Island M206 revolver a couple years ago and it was a total POS. First 200 rounds were fine but then it began misfiring 4 out of 6 rounds, across several brands of ammo. I sent it back to them for repair; it came back with a trigger that was probably 20 lbs and still misfiring. I sent it back again; no change. Very disappointed, but learned a good lesson....you get what you pay for......there's a reason that miserable revolver cost $200.00...…..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts