Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,701 Posts
Between their poor claim service, the poor service from their representatives and those stupid stupid stupid commercials they make their policyholders pay for, I would sooner have a cat poop sandwich than do business with those fatuous imbeciles. And that's before reading the Snopes piece.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
I have boat insurance with them through USAA. No claims yet and no problems yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Between their poor claim service, the poor service from their representatives and those stupid stupid stupid commercials they make their policyholders pay for, I would sooner have a cat poop sandwich than do business with those fatuous imbeciles. And that's before reading the Snopes piece.
npihanp

...but you should seriously consider adding a glossary to your post

"Fatuous"???? Now that's one I'll probably never be able to use in a sentence..:D

·
Premium Member
16,701 Posts
Thank you. The English language is considered by many to be the most expressive and specific in use. I was lucky enough to have developed the ability to read at 3 years old and I could write, albeit poor penmanship, well enough by the second grade to earn "F's" regularly for my writing assignments because my teachers would not believe my parents did not compose it for me to write. I don't use unfamiliar words to impress anyone, but just because they fit so well. I remember when I was 4, after roughing up my friends, the local toughs would bring by the paper to have me read it to them. I couldn't figure out what was so special reading to a bunch of 8 year olds, but it kept me out of fist city.

·
Registered
37 Posts
English has to be the most frustrating language to learn. I don't know what made me think of it, but the other day I was humoring myself with the number of different ways there are to spell the sound "shuhn".

O-cean
Mo-tion
Mis-sion
A-sian (the dictionary allows [zhuhn] as well as [shuhn] for this one).
Hai-tian

Mebbe there's more, but imagine trying to get your brain around that?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you. The English language is considered by many to be the most expressive and specific in use. I was lucky enough to have developed the ability to read at 3 years old and I could write, albeit poor penmanship, well enough by the second grade to earn "F's" regularly for my writing assignments because my teachers would not believe my parents did not compose it for me to write. I don't use unfamiliar words to impress anyone, but just because they fit so well. I remember when I was 4, after roughing up my friends, the local toughs would bring by the paper to have me read it to them. I couldn't figure out what was so special reading to a bunch of 8 year olds, but it kept me out of fist city.
Too funny! I grew up with my father's curse of using $10 words. In elementary school the teachers knew I wrote my assignments because before other kids were finished with tests, I would start reading a book that I had started the night before. My wife used to laugh at my father and me saying "You talk and just make up words!" She has a BS in accounting magna cum laude so it isn't that she is illiterate. I then started to show her the words in dictionaries and ended the spousal abuse.

All those $10 words and reading got me no where. I never went past a HS diploma. My handwriting is horrible. I am a righty, but slant like a lefty. I once took a 2 part Sergeants test. The first part was weighted 60% and the second was 40%. After the test, they didn't get the candidates they wanted so they used a bell curve and reversed the weight of both parts. I ended up with 2 wrong on the 1st part which was monotonous department procedures. The second part was open basket and easy, looking over forms and finding missing entries, I ended up with 6 wrong. It turns out I failed the test with 8 wrong total. I had friends who received 23 wrong on the first part and 4 wrong on the 2nd part and the passed. The cut off was 5 wrong on the 2nd part. I found the 1st part of the test challenging and did well, the 2nd uninteresting and I could not focus. I screwed up the easiest part of the test! I just did not have the patience or discipline to look over forms. I did exceptionally well on the hardest part of the test and blew the easy part.

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
to funny

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I support anyone being able to share the opinion. I find it repulsive that people feel the need to shut someone up because of their opinion. He has just as much right to donate to causes he believes in as I do and I will support his ability to do it. If I don't like it, I can always contribute to the other side, which is the appropriate response in my opinion.

I also found it repulsive that people were going to boycott Chik-fil-a because of their opinion. Although I too support the right of gay couples to have the same tax and legal benefits of hetrosexual couples. (For the record .. I think the government needs to get OUT of the marriage definition business and leave it to the church and individuals and legal contracts. I'm allowed to decide what behaviors I find acceptable, the government has no right to tell me what they are.)

No matter what organizations a CEO gives to or opinions expressed, I'm sure he'll find about 50% of the country disagrees with him. If he gave to the NRA instead there might be the same outcry from the Brady crowd. So other than not donate anything, he is left with little choice.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The lady who hit my and my motorcycle had Progressive. The insurance paid up to her contract limits without question. In fact, when I pointed out things on the bike that were already damaged before the crash, the insisted on paying for them anyway. They paid out about $1,000 more than they had to in order to repair my bike. They were responsive and very easy to work with, and I would have no qualms about asking them for a quote if I decided to leave State Farm after 30+ years.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I support anyone being able to share the opinion. I find it repulsive that people feel the need to shut someone up because of their opinion. He has just as much right to donate to causes he believes in as I do and I will support his ability to do it. If I don't like it, I can always contribute to the other side, which is the appropriate response in my opinion.

I also found it repulsive that people were going to boycott Chik-fil-a because of their opinion. Although I too support the right of gay couples to have the same tax and legal benefits of hetrosexual couples. (For the record .. I think the government needs to get OUT of the marriage definition business and leave it to the church and individuals and legal contracts. I'm allowed to decide what behaviors I find acceptable, the government has no right to tell me what they are.)

No matter what organizations a CEO gives to or opinions expressed, I'm sure he'll find about 50% of the country disagrees with him. If he gave to the NRA instead there might be the same outcry from the Brady crowd. So other than not donate anything, he is left with little choice.
The way I see it, if you are a CEO and want to inject yourself into politics or causes, you reap the consequences of making your opinions public. I feel this CEO is contributing to the downfall of this country, so I won't use their insurance. I happen to like getting a heads up on corporate practices. I happen to like shopping at Sears, because they hold jobs for servicemen. There are holster makers who donate to or disccount items to the military, so I buy from them. I don't shop in Walmart, because just about everything is imported. I have a right to be educated and make a decision as to what business I will frequent.

I opened this thread supplying info, not demanding a boycott. If you don't care if a business is against your values, or you have no values, that is your right. Keep patronizing them or start.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts