Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have to think if 7 or 8 good autoloader rounds work, then I can't argue against the same number of good 38/357's. I still want a S&W 627Pro to team with an 8 shooter M27.

Anyone else?

:bluelogo: :37-36ls:

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
LGS has an 8 shot 627 and I will admit to leaving drool on it. I have a 686+ and a 386. Luckily I was able to craft deals on both. The 627 is NIB and $800+ and I am still wanting an 1899 M&P and a Triplelock. FTR my name is not Rockerfeller. With the exception of the 386 I seldom tote an N frame. Since the 386 I almost never pull out my 65 three inch and that is the dilema with the 5 inch 686+. I would not need them both. I have leather and speedloaders for the 686+. I have nothing but praise for both but I have not exceeded +Ps in the 386.

W.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hey Pooh,

For a carry gun, the 7 shot L frame, or the 8 shot N frame, just about require an OWB or a shoulder rig. The cylinder is large.

I carried a 5" 625, on occasion.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I have just got this 327 Night Guard (Christmas present) and was going to give it a try to see if it is possible to carry concealed. I put it next to my model 66, two and a half inch for size comparisonm actually the Night Guard is a little lighter.

I have a 5-inch 627 and a 5-inch 327, plus a 4-inch 686 Mountain Gun that is a seven shooter.

I like this 686, 7 shooter and if I get a round butt boot grips for it, then it may lend to better IWB carry for a concealed carry. Also there is an L-frame size Night Guard with 7-round capacity.

Hank

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
i have a 686 plus 7 shot and a 327 nightguard 8 shot both real nice guns but to heavy for me to carry.
Interesting assesment Jimmy, I have carried heavier guns than the Nightguard concealed, my thought was it may be too bulky, but I'll give it a try and see. Obviously I have carried the model-66 and it MAY be a couple of ounces heavier than the 327 Nightguard. Of course each individual has a comfort zone and a predelection for what he feels is comfortable to carry and still meet their needs; I sometimes carry a J-frame too. I have to admit there has been a time or two when I have shoved my Colt Combat Commander in my belt with a shirt-tail covering it in condition one.

Hank

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Whimps,,,
There have been times of chasing quail South of here (in the area the government gave to the Mexican drug runners) I have carried both a Model 28 and a 1911. There are other areas I would feel more secure with some thing belt fed but,,,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just an 8 shot 6" barrel .22 target revolver. Usually with an 8+1 .380 on the other side of my body or in my back pocket. Only nice thing about small jam-o-matics, they'll fit in a back pocket, other than that they're pretty much useless. The .22 is more accurate.

If I can't avoid going to town, I'm taking something useful. I'd prefer a handful of frags.

·
Registered
165 Posts
LGS has an 8 shot 627 and I will admit to leaving drool on it. I have a 686+ and a 386. Luckily I was able to craft deals on both. The 627 is NIB and $800+ and I am still wanting an 1899 M&P and a Triplelock. FTR my name is not Rockerfeller. With the exception of the 386 I seldom tote an N frame. Since the 386 I almost never pull out my 65 three inch and that is the dilema with the 5 inch 686+. I would not need them both. I have leather and speedloaders for the 686+. I have nothing but praise for both but I have not exceeded +Ps in the 386.

W.
Slow down Waidmann..........your backin yourself into a decision corner!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
::: and a 327 nightguard 8 shot :::
My concerns are more about the recoil of light revolvers. The Airweight J's have enough recoil for me with 158 gr LSWC +P's. My personal comfort zone doesn't include Magnum rounds in the Airweights, or likely even a 158 gr 38+P in the Airlite revolvers. The all steel revolvers do weigh more, but they work better for me in regards to recoil, accuracy, and followup shots.

Who knows? A long hard day is a long hard day. Then again, I try to remember our ground troops fighting in the desert with 60+ pound packs. Sometimes 160 pounds. Kind of keeps things in perspective, even if I still get a little grumpy.

The eight shot 357 Magnum is still a pretty nice wheelgun. And my old snubby M66 still feels good in the hand and on the hip. Just my opinion for now. Sometimes that G19 looks pretty good though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts