Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any rhyme or reason to the placement of the logos on the left and right side of "Model" revolvers ? (IE Model 10, 13, 19 etc) I've noticed that some have a logo on the right side plate and some don't. My primary interest is in revolvers from the 1960 to 1985 era and I'm looking for visual cues that could help at gun shows.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Is there any rhyme or reason to the placement of the logos on the left and right side of "Model" revolvers ? (IE Model 10, 13, 19 etc) I've noticed that some have a logo on the right side plate and some don't. My primary interest is in revolvers from the 1960 to 1985 era and I'm looking for visual cues that could help at gun shows.
J frames are on the left as are guns that left the factory engraved. A lot of the newer guns went to the left. I have a 12-2 with it on the left, and if you search on Gun Broker, some are on the right. With that said, don't bet on anything.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
The logo was moved to the left side of the frame in 1981 to allow engraving on the side plate.
The barrel pin was removed in 1982 so a gun with a pinned barrel and the logo on the left would almost certainly be a 1981 model.

·
Registered
12,072 Posts
The logo was moved to the left side of the frame in 1981 to allow engraving on the side plate.
The barrel pin was removed in 1982 so a gun with a pinned barrel and the logo on the left would almost certainly be a 1981 model.
My 2 inch model 10-7 is like that. Pinned barrel and logo on the left, as is my 64-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts