Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a plinker that is cheap to feed. I'm looking at a pre lock 3" model 317. She looks like a fun little plinker.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice pair of 317's. I'm waiting on this one. Well used but not abused. Just curious did you ever shoot the 3" one? That cylinder looks real clean.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That picture was right after I got it a couple years ago. Mine shoots good and the trigger is decent, just a little heavier pull that a mod 17.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doublesharp
I'm just mess'n with you. On this one I will change out the mainspring(hammer spring) to a 8 or 8.5lb. That should fix the hard da trigger pull.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Jim said:
Doublesharp
I'm just mess'n with you. On this one I will change out the mainspring(hammer spring) to a 8 or 8.5lb. That should fix the hard da trigger pull.
Jim, that may indeed reduce the trigger pull, but it may also cause mis-fires.... I've never owned, but I have shot one of the first 317's.... all I can say is I'm not selling any of my K-22's to get one.... Hope you have better luck with yours than I had with the one that I shot....

Drew

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Drew
I agree it's not a K-22. To me it's a very light weight plinker. I can fix the hard trigger issues. If I get a lot of miss fires from light strikes. I can always go back to the factory spring weight. If worse comes to worse. I will send it back to S&W. For me it will just me a range toy and plinker. They are what they are.
Some guys love them some hate them. Time will tell I got a good one. With the light weight of the revolver. They take some getting used to the DA trigger pull. The ones I have shot all have been very accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts