Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one with the box, but it was missing a screw and spring from the cylinder release that I easily replaced cheaply from Numrich. You can see the ‘firm’ price I paid in 2013, even after my pointing out the missing pieces, he wouldn’t budge, but I was good with it because I’d been wanting an affordable one since 1977 when the unsolved murders in New York were happening. I was still in Junior College and near to joining the Navy while working full time as a salesman at the Western Auto Store in Yuma AZ. My dad was then the Chief of Police in nearby Somerton AZ, my hometown and knew we sold handguns. The FBI bulletin he received was looking specifically for this particular handgun and were wanting to find out possible purchasers, so my dad asked my boss if he could look at the sale’s records of any handguns the store might have sold, all by catalog order and store delivered. Looking back in modern times I realize how illegal that was, but neither my dad or my boss considered such legal possibilities then and neither did the very many other places my dad visited that sold handguns in those days. I’ll never shoot it, but have it only as a dark piece of trivia. Thinking about it, I probably should clue my son into the history as to why I have this gun because all of my firearms are going into his care when I die and although I don’t plan on exiting anytime soon, we don’t generally have a say in when our ticket is punched! I’m curious as to any that own one and have shot theirs. I had a Charter Arms Undercover 38 snub and it shot great, I really liked it. It resides today with a loved one in Somerton and I’m glad he has it.
:)

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I hear mixed reviews on these particularly 44 special? Any feedback.

Thewelshm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep i have the exact same one. Its a great revolver and i love mine. Never a problem and looks good too. Mine looks pretty much like new and i don't think its been shot much. It does kick because its pretty light for a 44. I also have an older Charter 38 police special bulldog 6-shot. Love that one too. Pocket carry them both. I put rubber grips on them to tame the recoil. Charter revolvers are lighter than some of the others but that makes them that much more "pocket carryable". Highly recommend both.

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Yeah I have this one. Great little pocket cannon.

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I picked one up through the base gun club to give to my dad as his carry piece. That's about the 1982 time frame. I gave him that and a Bianchi #3S IWB holster. He had it up until he passed away last year, which is when I got it back. It's still in good shape, as he didn't shoot it but rarely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts