Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t think such a gun could be had and I couldn’t find any information online. I saw one on some gun store website or another and it appeared to be factory. The letters were all where they should be with the roll mark. I don’t have the catalog yet but my searches seem to indicate there isn’t one listed. Any body seen one out in the wild or familiar with one?

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
4" is listed in the catalog.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
25. Old style pinned barrel. I’ve seen 4 inch in 45lc but not acp. Maybe the other sources were misinformed or there’s not many around.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
25. Old style pinned barrel. I’ve seen 4 inch in 45lc but not acp. Maybe the other sources were misinformed or there’s not many around.

From reading thread on the fora, there actually are a very few 4” barreled, 45 ACP revolvers from the factory. Not enough to satisfy demand but some.

I always wanted one but at the time there was nothing even close from the factory. My solution was to rework a Model 28-2.

Kevin

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have not seen one in my travels, I have a 6 inch. I thought I saw a 4 inch once but it was a 25-5 , 45 Colt.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t see many old model 22s either. The newer ones sure. I see the 45LC fairly regular.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I've seen a couple of neat 4" guns in .45 ACP they were shortened from 6" barreled guns.

Might be the way to go if you want one bad enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts