Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Hey Jack,

Welcome to :bluelogo:!

Way to go! Pics of a GREAT LOOKING 44 Special on your first post!

Later, Mark

Reactions: JackRathert

Registered
6 1/2"barrel as measured from the front of the cylinder? Looks shorter- that would affect valuation. Condition looks very good from what we can see, just some scuffs on the cylinder. For a nice standard target, the number above is a good one.

Registered
welcome01
Nice gun,
I so seldom see one get bought or sold that I guess the value is whatever you want it to be . There really is not much of a baseline.

Don't bother trying to find any grips in the greater Phoenix area. They've all been sucked up by a well known local black hole that sucks up all things S&W,,,,, sometimes Colt.
Seems every haircut day more things disappear into the hole ? fhfjjjj

My poor ole 44 finally found a set that fit.

Registered
Jack,

Welcome! That's a nice one. I'd really need to know the vintage for an accurate valuation. A serial # or partial will also help us determine the correct target grip vintage for your 44; relieved or unrelieved targets.

Also if it's from the satin finish era or later of the standard bright blue era. During the satin finish era thru sometime in 1955, the bright blue finish was a premium extra cost option with a little more market demand and value. Yours is one of those if it has a large 'B' stamped after the s/n in the extractor housing under the barrel. Do you find a B stamped there after the #?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts