Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Never had one, don't know as I'd want one. Not sure how any retention is accomplished. I have experience with two cross draw holsters, the Cyclone 111 and an El Paso Saddlery Austin. Both are very much worth the money and priced at about the same as that one. The 111 gives you the ability to carry cross draw or strong side depending on your desire and does both very well.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I am not a fan of leather holsters with no retention. Seems to me that a handgun could fall out fairly easily as the holster wears. I’m with **** on this. The Bianchi 111 is a quality product, as is the Galco DAO.

·
Premium Member
12,723 Posts
I use a strong side IWB holster. My preference today (for light / small / waterproof) is Kydex, with lined leather or horsehide second.

The issue with crossdraw is that you can easily muzzle your free arm and hand during a draw. You have to train muscle memory so that your unused hand is on your chest with arm held close, or against the back of your head.

Marc

Reactions: Nomadmax

·
Registered
20,909 Posts
I use a 3 slot Pancake holster, that can be worn either strong side or cross draw, with thumb break retension, by Don Hume. Very Versatile. Bob

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Does anyone here have experience with this cross draw holster ?

https://www.mernickleholsters.com/products/252-ps10da-double-action-crossdraw/
I don't have experience with THAT holster but have some experience with holsters having made a thousand or so ... I think it depends what you want that guy for. I know you ride and I have different holsters for different outings ... ones for hiking others for riding etc.

If its a driving holster .. it seems like the cant isnt quite enough. It certainly would be better than trying to access a gun at your hip while seated but if I were going to invest in a cross draw for driving I might contact one of the many leather guys that do custom work and see about a bit more cant. I cant imagine it would cost a ton more than what you posted.

If its a walkabout ..and you just like cross draw it looks like a fine choice and the company has a great rep and itlooks like a semi wrap with flat back design which is not the easiest thing to do but SOooooo comfortable!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts