Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son picked up this bundle yesterday through a friend. He doesn't plan to shoot it, more as an investment piece down the road. Apparently there's a big market for them and he's also receiving a cache of high grade ammo in the deal. I just hope he's making a good move, but in today's market and what this new administration might attack us with by way of 2nd Amendment assaults, I can only imagine a ready buyer will be available. Any owners here that can speak to the performance and value of the gun?

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was texting with my son and related these comments. He noted that his OD Green version was offered in only one generation of production (something he was not aware of before buying it) which makes it harder to find, hence worth more to a buyer. From what I understand, the green tip ammo is hard to find as well. I suspect he could flip the gun now for a reasonable profit, but I told him to hold it a year, he might be able to enjoy an even better margin of gain over his investment.

·
Registered
21,488 Posts
I have shot my friend's FN 57 and it is fun and reliable. However, now have Ruger and Kel Tac in on the game but last I looked only two ammo manufacturers (Federal and FN). Hopefully the new additions will create more ammo manufacturers. Hope he does good with it. In another year might be illegal too. Maybe best to get a profit while he can. JMO

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Right now the gun market is still hot, but it is slowing down. I would get on gunbroker.com and dump it now while the profits are high, and there aren't a bunch of these out there. I'm betting a year from now all of those hurried gun buys will end up flooding the market once the buyers discover the gun laws aren't going to change all that much, and that Biden and his minions can't come and get your guns.

Reactions: Blackcloud2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.