Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this old model 31 remington at a yard sale about 12 years ago for 125 bucks.They were what the 870 replaced.They were built to compete with the model 12 winchester but were to costly to build. The action feels like it is on bearings and is just a cool old gun. Not worth a whole lot but I love it.This one was made in 1947

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Don't know much about older Remington shot guns, but the little squirt holding it looks like a keeper for sure kfjdrfirii

Reactions: paulwv

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I had an Aluminum Framed Remington 31 that I took to Alaska on my first trip there.... My Son-In-Law took a shine to it so I gave it to him.... he hunt Ptarmigan with it every fall. At the time I had no idea how rare it was, but now that I do, I'm even more pleased that he has it....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Don't have a 31 but, I hve a Sportsman12M(Magnum,3" chamber), Remington's first attempt at a less costly 870. Basically, it's an 870Wingmaster with an oil finish instead of RK and a different rollmark on the receiver. It sold for a whopping $30.00 less than a Wingmaster. Didn't make them for very long. A few years later they came out with the 870 Express.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats my Daughter Becky she is gonna turn five Aug 21. She packs a cap gun in her holster that she freguently fires at the nighbors cats to chase them out of the yard. She takes it out also when we go plinking.She had to have a holster like mom and latched onto a uncle mikes holster I had laying around.She calls her cap gun her Ruger. She has a chrome cap gun to she pushed me to buy to because I have a nickle model 29 and she has to have a nickle gun to.
She is real small at 3ft 4 and to little to hold a real gun by herself and shoot and to young to be packing one in a holster.I will probably pick her up a ruger bear cat in a couple years.Mosseburg makes a plinkster rifle that is clip fed but you can block it and use it as a single shot until they get more competant . They make it in a chipmunk size I think Im going to buy for her soon.
She has a daisy BB gun but she isnt strong enough to cock it. So usualy when we go plinking I end up setting up targets loading clips and cylinders and cocking the bb gun till my fingers are sore as she and my woman shoot.LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts
yes.. i have a 31 in 20 ga.. looks exactly like yours.
good gun :)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I have one in 16ga.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts