Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friends, just had to post on the gratifying day I had at the range with my Ruger AR 556 from yesterday. Boy these rifles will SHOOT. My buddy took me to his range where he was shooting his wonderful Rock River Target AR (beautiful rifle). I had my reload I shoot in my Bushmaster V Match, 52gr Sierra Matchking using H322 powder and factory 55gr American Eagle.

This was the typical group size at 100yds as the other group I shot with this load, as the 1-8 twist barrel does not like the 52gr bullet.

IMG_3643 (1).jpg

This was the typical group size as the other group I shot, using the factory 55gr American Eagle.

IMG_3645 (3).jpg

Now for the fun....my friend was shooting a steel plate at 300yds with his Rock River.....told me to go for the steel plate...what the heck...might as well. He spotting for me and I hit that sucker 5 out of 6....he said the plate was around 12", I don't know might have been bigger. I left that range yesterday with such a good feeling on this Ruger.

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

Now still thinking on opitics optics. Friend says red dot..but I'm wanting to play with it out at 200,300 yards.....trigger feels a tad better. Will probably go with a Larue Trigger, My friend is trying to talk me on just replacing the trigger and hammer springs with Wolf Spring.....
There AR "Plain Janes" are just respectable shooters for sure.

(by the way, I do not know what I have to do different so to get the attch pics to up load right side up)

·
Registered
22,175 Posts
Good shooting! A day at the range is always a Good day. Thanks for the range report.:)

Reactions: paulwv

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Now for the fun....my friend was shooting a steel plate at 300yds with his Rock River.....told me to go for the steel plate...what the heck...might as well. He spotting for me and I hit that sucker 5 out of 6....he said the plate was around 12", I don't know might have been bigger. I left that range yesterday with such a good feeling on this Ruger.
Nice. :cool:

Shooting steel is great. The last time I used paper with my AR was to zero the optic. Offhand shooting, no benches, is the way to train with an AR.

Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts