Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my LGS today and I ran across this 586-8. I know, I know.. not a collectible by any means. After all, it has the lock! And MIM!.. but, it locks tight, looks decent (except for the hole!).. and 6 bills out the door. I couldn't resist. I've already shot it and I have to admit, it shoots straight, feels good and handles well. What more can I ask from a shooter?

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks like a sweet package.....enjoy! Congrats on the find!

I have one more “want”, though I don’t “need” it......so I avoid gun stores and the classifieds! memtb

·
Registered
30,037 Posts
Sweet revolver Carl. Congrats and enjoy. The combat grips look much better.

Reactions: bruce and jeepnut

·
Registered
231 Posts
At my LGS today and I ran across this 586-8. I know, I know.. not a collectible by any means. After all, it has the lock! And MIM!.. but, it locks tight, looks decent (except for the hole!).. and 6 bills out the door. I couldn't resist. I've already shot it and I have to admit, it shoots straight, feels good and handles well. What more can I ask from a shooter?

View attachment 485111
Collectables don't win wars or save lives. It's a beautiful gun and no need to explain your decision. Enjoy it, that's what it's for.

·
Registered
19,399 Posts
YUCK.......and I don't like the hole in the revolver either!!!:rolleyes:
I only own 2 Smith's and most likely will never purchase another. One with and one without. My dad's Model 29 (no hole) and my 460 XVR (hole).

Reactions: bluecar and bruce

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
First L-frame I ever owned was a six inch 586. Tremendous revolver! Now have another six inch ... this time a 686-1. Exceptional! Have not ever had a L-frame that was not outstanding. You will doubtless enjoy shooting your new revolver for many years to come. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I put in a like on the original post, but Carl you have now hurt my feelings when you said you found a forgotten pair of Combat grips. That box of grips you have is obviously too big and/or full.

·
Administrator
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When the prices of original Combats got stupid crazy, I sold most of mine. I actually thought I had sold all of them. It was really a surprise to find these. If I had to buy them now, I wouldn't... not for the prices they're fetching nowadays.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts