Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put money down on a pre 28 Hiwway patrolman.

6 inches, Serial S1301xx .

no box and rubber grips, and definitely shooter grade as all my guns are shooters... has almost all the original blueing and some holster wear at the muzzle.

i have been jonesing for a 6 inch N frame 357 for a while now.

after passing on several 28-2 on calguns and others locally that were priced $575-$1,200, I only paid $434 out the door.

10 more days and i can pick it up. needs a thorough cleaning and flitzing and she'll be almost new. now i need another pair of N target grips

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
now i need another pair of N target grips
Hey, 'Toro, a deal like that, you can afford about any grips you want!

But your underlying point is valid: there are deals out there, even in goofy-gun-law Califunny, if you're out there looking for 'em!

Bill

·
Registered
489 Posts
klgasilBRVO

Terrific deal! Congratulations. I have been thinking I need to add a HP to my stable some day, preferably a pre-28. Tales like this make me think I can find one at a reasonable price.

Nice going. Pictures on day 11, please!

David Wilson

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
learning to post pics was one of my new years resolutions.
its only June

DCW- define reasonable... :lol:

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Congratulations on what sounds like a great score! Since you might be in the market for a set of grips, I thought I might jump in and share some of my recent grip exchanging efforts. Although Craig Spegels can be pricey, you'll get your money's worth. You can see them here: http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

For something more economical, I recently replaced a set of rubber Hogues on a Ruger Single Six (pics in the Revolver section), try this place: http://www.handgungrips.com/

However, I was fortunate to win a Karma set of Herret's from fellow Forum member, gtivan. I put them on a Model 28-2 and I love them! I'd seriously consider another set. Anyway, here's a picture to hold you over until you can pick up your new sweetie! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats on a great combination at a WOW price! Good job.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Sounds like a nice gun and the price you cant beat.Deals like that are far and few between but they are out there if you have the patience to seek them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts