Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of looking locally, and online, I finally found a 4.2" Python for sale at Sportsman's Warehouse, and for the regular MSRP at that. Hit the "buy it" button, and a week or so later, drove out to Roanoke (Friday) and picked it up at the SW store out there (we don't have one here).

Got it home and it looked pretty funky with all the goop they put on these things to ship them, so I blasted it with Gunscrubber to cut that stuff off, then gave it a couple good coats of Ren Wax. Now she really looks presentable in polite company.

I haven't shot it yet. Our ranges around here are still closed for the Corona, but they're supposed to open up next week, maybe I'll get to shoot it before too long.

The muzzle on this one is flawless. The screws in the sideplate are snug. The trigger seems to just a tad heavier (sorry, I don't have a trigger pull gauge...I need to get one) than the 6" one, but I expected that after Colt said they had made some changes after problems with light strikes on the first batch. It's still a very nice trigger, very smooth with no stacking...just a little heavier.

I've got 357 ammo already loaded. I think I might load some wadcutters before range time.

More shameless showing off.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Hey CB,

Wowser!

Later, Mark

Reactions: CajunBass

·
Registered
16,925 Posts
Excellent addition to the stable. Now can practice with each hand. Bet the wadcutters and the Ponies will make you happy.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Excellent addition to the stable. Now can practice with each hand. Bet the wadcutters and the Ponies will make you happy.
Hey Jeep,

Can see the pic in the Gun Rag now!

"Modern Day CB McGivern" brings back revolver work in style! ROTFLMAO!!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a chance my shooting will impress anyone. With either or both hands. I'm just happy if the folks at the range say "Come back soon."

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Sweet mate, they certainly are pretty..

Thewelshm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts