Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it's still early yet....



Among them, a pre-16 K-32, Rosewood Targets, K-Frame Modified Magnas, and a Colt Pocket Positive in .32 circa WW1.





Can't wait to see what the after-lunch crowd brings me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,425 Posts
I wish anything like that would "walk in" my front door about now, great stuff! kfjdrfirii
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Drew.
What type of enterprise are you involved in? Some where in my mind I had you as this outdoors type feller, rugged individual that made a living using tools, brains, and your hands. Do you perhaps sit behind a gun counter and make a living fleecing widows and orphans??
Enquiring minds would like to know where you find all this current walk-in traffic. Walk-in traffic where I live is generally carrying a cheap water bottle and headed north. I suppose it is a nice K 32 after a little cleaning up.
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,918 Posts
Two grand daughters just walked in the door here. I'll take the kids!
Nice score Drew! Like those rosewood grips kfjdrfirii
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RdrBill said:
Drew.
What type of enterprise are you involved in? Some where in my mind I had you as this outdoors type feller, rugged individual that made a living using tools, brains, and your hands. Do you perhaps sit behind a gun counter and make a living fleecing widows and orphans??
Enquiring minds would like to know where you find all this current walk-in traffic. Walk-in traffic where I live is generally carrying a cheap water bottle and headed north. I suppose it is a nice K 32 after a little cleaning up.
Bill
Bill,

I am a Manufacturing Engineer so I do work with tools, a drafting board, and sometimes my brains.... although these days, as my lights are getting dimmer and my knuckles are stiffer, I prefer to work wih that's above my collar as much as I did with what's below my cuffs when I was younger...

Today when I was pleasantly interupted by this pile of cultch I was putting the final touches on a series of Patent Drawings to go with my most recent USTPO application.

I get outdoors as much as I can, running the ridges and roaming the rivers in search of the yet unfound.

I've been at the same location here for 31 years and I have a crew of fellas that know I keep a few cubes in the sugar bowl, and ice cubes in the freezer.... they drop by from time to time with the junk that they have dredged up. It's a known thing that I buy S&W stuff and I pay fair prices. Of late, with the depressed economy, I am seeing more traffic than ever before. No one's ever left here thinking they'd been done wrong.... or at very least they didn't say so at the time or later....

I've owned and run two gunshops in the past and have learned the ropes the hard way in that rough racket.

Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Drew.
I have not heard near enough follow up info on that K32, not that I am interested.
They are rare out here on the West Coast, not that I am interested.
Will it ever be put on the market, not that I am interested.
How much you think it is worth, not that I am interested.
My concern is that if I was interested, there might be a long line and I might have to pay a premium.
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,687 Posts
RdrBill said:
Drew.
I have not heard near enough follow up info on that K32, not that I am interested.
They are rare out here on the West Coast, not that I am interested.
Will it ever be put on the market, not that I am interested.
How much you think it is worth, not that I am interested.
My concern is that if I was interested, there might be a long line and I might have to pay a premium.
Bill
I'd hate to see if you were interested. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Nframe.
Now look. I am just trying to remain casual. Drew posts up there he has had a couple gunstores in times past. He knows a guppy/sucker/chump/mark when they walk thru the front door. I have been all of those more than once. No sense making it easy for him.
I am just casually inquiring. I am not interested. Nope, not at all.
You are probably in that long line of folks that have already inquired.
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,918 Posts
Let me get comfortable,,,,,,,
Ok guys, carry on :D
Just a second, I need a glass of water,,
And ice
Go ahead kfjdrfirii
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,955 Posts
Drew, since Bill isn't at all interested, you can bumb me up to the head of the line. kihfL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Oh, lots of funny boys out here tonight. I can see a problem of trying to have a private conversation on a public forum. You all have your fun.
Drew is going to read all this and take names and start marking up the price of that gun. Three of you have already put blood in the water and are stirring up the shark. You gents are just not very casual about your wants. I am being casual, if I was even interested.
All for fun.
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Drew, Since everyone here is walking all over themselves over the K32, if your not comfortable with that little Colt, you just let me know!

Leighton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For anyone that might be interested.... ;)

First off, the door to my safe only swings one way. (Kinda like it's owner)....

Second off, I have yet to document the gun. It's kinda quirky. But then again, if I were interested, and did indeed document the gun's configuration, and it comes back as correct, then man.... the price would sure be alot higher to anyone that was interested ..... :cool:

Here's what's interesting... the serial range is in the K120,000's yet the barrel has a wide rib which shouldn't be around for at least another 30-40,000 frames.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leighton said:
Drew, Since everyone here is walking all over themselves over the K32, if your not comfortable with that little Colt, you just let me know!

Leighton
Leighton,

I sold it this morning to my boy Ryan... he got the family discount. $250. That covers what I paid for the whole shootin' match!....

:shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT...... Geeeeez.

I was only kidding.... Man. Bill's right.... this is a tough crowd.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
Drew.
Thanks for the update on the K32. The wide rib is an interesting thing. There is always a little something to learn about S&W guns. Each one has its unique qualities. Makes me wonder about the concept of standardization and mass production. I own and play with M1 Garands and can understand why they are seldon found in an original configuration. These S&W's did not go thru a military rebuild depot. They should be original as we think they were built. Any wide target hammer or trigger on the K32? There was a couple sets of Target Stocks in the pic. Are they about the same age and wear as the gun?
Damn, I am starting to sound interested.
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bill,

The hammer on the gun is a "Wide Fishook" type and is very pleasing. The trigger is a narrow, grooved type. This would be appropriate for a gun from the 1951 time period which the tables indicate is correct for a K120,000-ish frame.

The rib bears further research..... it seems to be wider than an early K-22, but not as wide as the later K-22 issues.

I'll have to dig out my other K-32 for comparison. It's in it's box and around here someplace.....

The stocks are later.... the K-Diamond Targets are the last issue of that pattern, and are probably around 1966 or so. The Smooth Rosewoods have silver washers, so they probably post 1971 and judging by the cartridge relief shape, I guess no later than 1978.

Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Leighton said:
Drew, Since everyone here is walking all over themselves over the K32, if your not comfortable with that little Colt, you just let me know!

Leighton
Leighton,

I sold it this morning to my boy Ryan... he got the family discount. $250. That covers what I paid for the whole shootin' match!....

:shock:
Ryan has good taste!!! I know he'll enjoy it!!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top