Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I admit it. I'm a gun show junkie. I constantly look for shows within a reasonable distance from my home to attend. Yesterday I went to the WPB show with a friend. Lots of nice old guns to see and handle. I saw several that I would have taken home had funds been more plentiful. However there was a gentleman who was trying to sell a 9mm to a dealer, and apparently couldn't agree on a price. I am familiar with his Daewoo DP 51, since I already own one. This is, what I consider to be, an improved version of the Sig P226. It has a triple action hammer/trigger operation.
The seller said that he is the first owner, and that the gun is unfired. I looked it over, and it appears to have some light scratches, but no evidence of having been fired. We agreed to a price of $275 for the DP 51 in it's original box, 3 original mags and one additional mag (which I need some help identifying).
Here are some pictures.
DP 51 Case with 3 orig + 1 unk mag.jpg DP 51 L Side.jpg DP 51 R Side.jpg DP 51 Label.jpg DP 51 Serial No .jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would appreciate any help I can get in identifying this magazine. It fits the Daewoo DP 51, but extends slightly beyond the grip. I know that some S&W mags will fit the Daewoo, but don't seat flush. The mag I got with the gun does not look like any of the mags I have for my S&Ws. The butt plate says Pachmayr, but I think this may be an add-on.
Here are some pictures.
DP 51 Extra Mag R Side.jpg DP 51 Extra Mag L Side.jpg DP 51 Extra Mag Butt Plate.jpg DP 51 Extra Mag Butt Plate Pachmayr Label.jpg DP 51 Extra Mag Black Follower.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen one or two of those and always thought them to be a fine looking and handling pistol but something else always comes up!
Wendy, if you get the opportunity to find one at the right price, pick it up. You won't be disappointed. While I haven't fired this one yet. The other one I have is very easy to handle and accurate. Not being a well known company in the US folks seem to shy away from these. Here's some pictures of my other DP 51.
DP51 R Side .JPG DP51 L Side.JPG

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We were fascinated with the tri trigger action and thought it sounded like a good idea.
It's very interesting. From the cocked position you can manually put the hammer into the "double-action" position. When you are ready to fire the DP 51 you start to pull the trigger and the hammer returns to the cocked position with virtually no resistance, and you can fire the pistol as if it were in single action.
Joel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts