Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 1967 Commander in Super .38,sight unseen,from a newbie on the Colt forum. Talked to him on the phone and he said it was in beautiful condition with 15 rounds fired (he still had the original box of ammo with 35 in the box). Sometimes you just have to roll the dice. His description didn't do it justice. Neither does my pic. It came with the original brown plastic grips,but I like these better. Buckeye burl.

f.t.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Re: Another Colt in the stable.

FT, that's a sweetheart! Good for you to roll the dice. klgasilBRVO

·
Registered
501 Posts

Wow. Really nice. I like those grips. Congrats on the dice roll.

·
Registered
682 Posts

Those a great looking grips. Can you tell us who made them?

I picked up a new full size colt in .38 Super about five years back. They are fun to shoot and a little easier on my old hands with reloads. If you want to really impress someone with the power of the .38 Super, go out about dusk and touch off a couple of Cor-Bons in it. If you don't get your target with the bullet, you will roast it with the flame. I shot a couple of Cor-bon rounds in an indoor range and got several complaints about the noise.

·
Administrator
8,178 Posts

Nice find!! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Heathen said:
Those a great looking grips. Can you tell us who made them?
Custom 1911 Pistol Grips
by Chris Lavezzare
http://www.ZippsGrips.com

He lists a lot of exotic wood grips on Ebay. That's where I got mine. Go to his website and check out grip set #516 if you want to see an even nicer set of buckeye burl grips. fnovnpoa
f.t.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

Great lookin' Colt. I've always had a warm spot in my heart for .38 Super. I don't shoot 'em as much as I'd like, but every once in a while I get the itch to take one out and play with it. Nice looking grips, too.

·
Super Moderator
33,336 Posts

That is a beautiful pistol. I love my Colt .38 Super. kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks all. I've had government model Super .38's for 30 years at least,but this is the first Commander. It completes the trifecta of .45 acp,9mm and Super .38.
f.t.

·
Registered
197 Posts

kfjdrfirii

FT< that is outstanding, very nice and good to see you put together the 'trio' we did years ago, alas but sold them off over time and NEED....good for you.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm so lazy. fhfjjjj
f.t.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Nice Rafter S leather. Ostrich and Alligator - classy! kfjdrfirii I'm a big fan of Rafter S and have been using their stuff for years.

That's a mighty fine commander too. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts