Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by my local LGS ( CajunBass’ famous Ali-Baba ) on Saturday and the parking lot was full to overflowing. Went back today to see if maybe I could pick up a couple of boxes of #1 buck and maybe some 5.56mm . I’m not desperate, but would have like a few more boxes. Thought I might get a couple of Ruger mags for my Mini’s. No dice! If you had a Mini-30 you were in luck, but not Mini-14’s. I live near Richmond,Va. and we’ve had 30 days of protests, riots, etc. in the city. Very little in the counties. Hank

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
The time to have stocked up was 6 months ago or earlier; you might find mags on line, but .223/5.56 is scarce. Three weeks ago, the local range limited .223 purchases to 300 rounds; two days ago the limit was 40 (2 boxes)

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
I have many thousands of every flavor I shoot on hand all the time, except for my high powered long range hunting rounds and the 460's.

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts
My LGS has been having difficulty obtaining common ammunition calibers for the past couple of months. 9mm in particular.

Of course, the legacy media will gladly publicize any home that is raided with a fair size ammo cache as an "arsenal" and push the story as if stocking up is somehow suspicious and wrong...

Wonder what they'd do about us "evil" reloaders?

·
Super Moderator
32,717 Posts
My husband took off Thursday for a dental appointment so he made the grocery run so we would not need to get out this week and he checked the local store. As noted everything related to 9mm is gone: pistols, ammo, magazines. Most of the common pistol calibers: .38, .357, .45 and even .40 were sold out as were magazines, speedloaders and speedloader pouches. I guess many are realizing it may be smart to be able to reload without having to go back into the house. The place has always had a rack of Century Arms rifles like SKS, AK and those were empty and all 7.62x39 ammo sold out. There were some of the higher priced AR rifles still in the racks, but no ammo at all and shotguns other than high dollar O/U and all buckshot and slug ammo out and with most of the above they have no idea when they will get more. Times are getting interesting to say the least!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Oh, this again?

Glad I stocked up after the last one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am old and so you will have to understand that I got caught about 3 ammo shortages ago with barely enough ammo to get by. I was so short that I couldn't go shooting for months until the crisis ended. At that time I swore that I would never be caught like that again … and I haven't. 😁

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
After the last shortages of ammo, especially .22 and reloading components, I stocked up on everything and I am in good shape , but I did not have a time machine that let me look into the future and foresee the riots and upheaval. Very little in the way of handgun ammo at any of the places I visit, unless you happen to show up on the day they get a shipment in. Powder supple is ok to good, but primers are getting low in many stores. Gun shows have all been cancelled so that is out and most of the online companies I deal with are low on supply at best.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
We're in the same shape here, even 300 miles away from Seattle.
Ammo shelves are picked over and empty. Gun cases are too.
I always have lots of reloading components for all my pistol calibers.
I'm glad I stocked over 1000 rounds of 5.56 and 7.62x39 back before the virus spread and rioting started.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m in good shape on all my “serious” calibers, rifle and pistol. The political situation coupled with the riots has many people very nervous. I’ve stocked up On ammo and have A goodly amount of reloading material. Just taking the temperature elsewhere. Hank

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I have plenty of pre Covid 9mm just bought a few hundred rounds of .38spl and .357mag so I'm good for several months . Noticed plenty of S&W 40 ammo in stock and .40 cal pistols listed for sale.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marc, I suspect a number of us would be pilloried by the MSM on our .22LR stock alone. And you can bet they wouldn’t differentiate between rim fire and center fire. Hank

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
1,698 Posts
I still have some .357 magnum from 1992 when Bill Clinton won the election. I bought cases and then switched to 10mm for primary carry right after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts