Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for the forum. Dad passed away last month and left me this revolver. I didnt even know he owned it, but now I need to do some homework with the knowledgeable folks here.
Serial "K 236xx"
Barrel is 6 inch
The butt looks replaced
Thanks in advance for any info

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,437 Posts
Looks like a K-38 alright. s/n K2368x shipped Jul 1948.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much thanks Forester, really appreciate this. Well if it's a keeper then its time to get busy cleaning. Perhaps my Son will appreciate this a couple decades from now.

·
Registered
11,900 Posts
JLgrimm, I'd make my next quest to find some period stocks for that gal, she deserves them!

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BC2, great minds...lol. I was just researching that. It seems the stocks would have been diamond magnas, or diamond targets. I'm a noob, but already find this a very cool hobby. I plan on shooting it next weekend.

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
Welcome to the forum. When go to the range shoot lead bullets and it will be as accurate as you let it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your Father. Those are great pistols, they deserve the name Masterpiece. I have a 14 no dash and it is the nicest shooting pistol I own. I like mine with the magna grips over the targets it came with but it's just a matter of personal preference.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

·
Registered
917 Posts
Also, I see that box of .38 Specials with your pistol but I don't know what brand etc. they are, not familiar with a plain white box like that, but if those were my Dad's I'd be saving them instead of wasting them at the range.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The ammo looks like some small-batch local maker*, not a national brand.

* Possibly a commercial small-batch reloading operation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts