Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Sigma 40 (VE) is a big gun but my father is interested in an ankle holster for his Sigma 40VE. From what I've seen it seems most of the ankle holsters list only more compact models. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Unless your Dad is an exceptionally tall man with strong legs he's going to be deeply disappointed in the "ankle carry" with a full sized Sigma 40V.

I'd recommend he borrow an ankle rig from someone and test drive an all steel "J-frame" for a while.

A lot of folks who think ankle rigs are a good idea change their minds when they develop a port side limp and blisters.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
As a personal prejudice, I never carry an autopistol in an ankle holster... there's too much trash, grit and action blocking gunk at the street level. I do however frequently carry a revolver in such a fashion. But even then, I am prudent and pack a hammerless 640-1 Centennial Magnum.

·
Registered
898 Posts
As a veteran ankle carrier with a 15 ounce 442, I have to agree with the above posters....even a steel frame j is pushing the comfort envelope...for me anyway....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts